Here’s the full iOS 10.1 official changelog (also known as release notes) that Apple has today made available to download for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices.
Have you been receiving the notification on your iOS device about the fact that Apple has pushed out a software update, but that’s another thing to actually know and understand what’s included in this new release. What’s been changed with this latest iOS update, and what it means for your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Apple’s iOS 10.1 software finally hist the device Updates section as well as direct download links, which is of course the first major update to iOS 10.x which went live last month, has been in the hands of developers and registered testers for some time now, giving the ability to not only test drive but also put the platform through its paces. Also to ensure that any issues are fed directly back to Apple in a real-time manner. This level of interaction has involved essentially stress testing iOS 10.1 to admit that it’s in the necessary position to be released to millions of eager devices on a global scale.
First to talk about iOS 10.1 Portrait mode, which is a camera function for iPhone 7 Plus. Introduced in the latest iOS platform, by Apple points out that this new feature is all set “creates a depth effect that keeps your subject sharp while creating a beautifully blurred background.” Still classified as being in beta by Apple, but nevertheless it looks to work extremely well and identify streamlined enough to make it a worldwide and very open beta process.
From a Camera and Photos perspective, Apple has also made some minor changes to how photographs are stored in iCloud backups, and also released improvements to how wide color gamuts are displayed in the Photos app grid view.
There have been some tweaks to the Messages app. It’s now possible to play Bubble and Screen effects in iMessages with Reduce Motion enabled, something that wasn’t previously possible. A new option still there to replay Bubble and Screen effects. Given the Maps alongside Messages were two very important parts of overall iOS 10 experience, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Apple has also focused engineering efforts on improving these both key apps with iOS 10.1. A full list of changes, or release notes is available, giving you an exhaustive overview of everything that has been added with the latest major software release today by Apple.
Camera and Photos
– Introduces Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus that creates a depth effect that keeps your subject sharp while creating a beautifully blurred background (beta)
– People names in the Photos app are saved in iCloud backups
– Improved the display of wide color gamut photos in the grid views of the Photos app
– Fixes an issue where opening the Camera app would show a blurred or flashing screen for some users
– Fixes an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when turning on iCloud Photo Library
– Transit support for every major train, subway, ferry, and national bus line, as well as local bus systems for Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya
– Sign-based transit navigation including layouts of all underground structures and walkways that connect large transit stations
– Transit fare comparison when viewing alternative transit routes
– New option to replay bubble and full screen effects
– Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
– Fixes an issue that could lead to contact names appearing incorrectly in Messages
– Addresses an issue where Messages could open to a white screen
– Addresses an issue that could prevent the report junk option from displaying with unknown senders
– Fixes an issue where videos captured and sent in the Messages app could be missing audio
– Adds distance and average pace to workout summaries in the Activity app for outdoor wheelchair run pace and outdoor wheelchair walk pace
– Fixes issues that may have prevented Music playlists from syncing to Apple Watch
– Addresses an issue that was preventing invitations and data to appear in Activity Sharing
– Fixes an issue that was allowing Activity Sharing to update over cellular when manually disabled
– Resolves an issue that was causing some third-party apps to crash when inputting text
Other improvements and fixes
– Improves Bluetooth connectivity with 3rd party accessories
– Improves AirPlay Mirroring performance when waking a device from sleep
– Fixes an issue where playback would not work for iTunes purchased content when the “Show iTunes Purchases” setting is turned off
– Fixes an issue where certain selfie apps and face filters used with the FaceTime HD camera on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus did not display a live preview
– Fixes an issue in Health where individual strokes are converted to separate characters when using the Chinese handwriting keyboard
– Improves performance of sharing websites from Safari to Messages
– Fixes an issue in Safari that caused web previews in tab view to not display correctly
– Fixes an issue that caused certain Mail messages to be reformatted with very small text
– Fixes an issue that caused some HTML email to be formatted incorrectly
– Fixes an issue that in some cases caused the search field to disappear in Mail
– Fixes an issue that could prevent Today View Widgets from updating when launched
– Fixes an issue where Weather widget sometimes failed to load data
– Fixes an issue on iPhone 7 where Home Button click settings would not appear in search results
– Fixes an issue that prevented spam alert extensions from blocking calls
– Resolves an issue that could prevent alarm sounds from going off
– Fixes an issue where audio playback via Bluetooth would cause the Taptic engine to stop providing feedback for some users
– Resolves an issue preventing some users from restoring from iCloud Backup
For those having a compatible iPhone or ipad, the iOS 10.1 update is available to download as an over-the-air update right now.
- Download iOS 10 / 10.1 / 10.0.2 / 10.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 10.1 IPSW Links For iPhone And iPad [Final Version]
- Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1 / 10.0.2 / 10.0.3 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Latest Status Update]