You can now enable YouTube’s dark mode theme on iPhone and iPad, and for Android, you can follow the same steps? Here are the details you need to know about it.
After rolling out its dark mode (of as YouTube calls it, Dark Theme) feature for the web, YouTube’s dark theme mode is now available for iOS running iPhone and iPad. Users are slowly starting to see the option to turn on dark Theme on their devices. Although Android users are unable to experience the joy of YouTube’s Dark Theme Mode feature as yet, they can also activate the dark theme mode in the YouTube for Android app.
No timescale for the official app release was given, but we have an alternative solution for a way to get a nice, dark YouTube experience immediately.
As always the bad news is that your device will need to be rooted in order for you to get your dark mode theme of YouTube right now. And if you are, here’s what you need to do.
1. Download and then install Preferences Manager. The app is free and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
2. Find YouTube in the list when you launch your newly installed Preferences Manager.
3. Open youtube.xml file.
4. Now, search for the word “dark” in it without the quotes. Once found, change both values from false to true. You may need to add them if they are not already present, so create theme_dark_app and theme_dark_watch_panel and set them both to true.
5. Save and then force close YouTube before re-opening it.
That’s all you need to do. Your YouTube app should now be all black, something that non-rooted YouTube watchers will have to wait for. Hopefully, it won’t be too long before Android users get their official dark mode theme, just like with iPhones and iPads.
Next Up In Tech:
- Want PUBG Mobile IPA Download On iOS Running iPhone Without Jailbreak
- Fortnite Battle Royale Mobile Invite Sign Up Now Open
- Download: iOS 11.3 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released, Here Are The Details
- Get Emus4u iOS 11 Download On iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Lucky Patcher APK Download 2018 For Android With No Root Or Root Privileges Available Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch The Easy Way
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra or LiberiOS [Updated]