For security reasons Snapchat allows you to change your display name but not given any option to edit your Snapchat username. As Snapchat has this policy as a security measure against harassment. Making it impossible to change the username for an existing account, though. If you wish to, you may delete your existing account and create a new one with a different username. Nevertheless, there is a workaround method that can help you changing Snapchat account username process slightly less painless. If that sound complicated, don’t worry – we are here to take care about the process carefully.
How to change your Snapchat username
Before you go through the changing Snapchat username and don’t want to get a new one without losing your contacts, you will need to reate an all new username before getting rid of your old username on iPhone.
First off. Don’t feel bad.
1. Launch the Snapchat app on your iOS device. Simply go to your profile by tapping on the Snapchat logo at the top of the screen.
2. Swipe down to access your profile.
3. Tap on the Settings icon in the top right.
4. Now, tap on the option to Log out which sits at the bottom.
5. Once you’re logged out, tap on Sign Up. Fill out the information requested, just make sure you use a different email address than the one you use with your current Snapchat account. Easily, you can change it later.
6. Swipe down to access your profile. Tap on Add Friends.
7. Tap on Add from Address Book (Contacts). Click on Continue at the bottom of the screen, which it takes a few seconds to appear.
8. Allow Snapchat to access your credentials by tapping Okay in the popup window.
9. When your address book loads, anyone who has a Snapchat username under their name instead of a phone number is using Snapchat, so add whoever you’d like.
10. Log back again into your old Snapchat account and Swipe down to access your profile.
11. This time around tap on My Friends and then tap on any user and their Snapchat username will appear on screen. You can skip people who’re already in your address book, because they’ve already been added to your new Snapchat.
12. Log back in to your new Snapchat account. To manually add the rest of your friends by going to Add friends and tapping on Add by Username.
Finally, you can now delete your old Snapchat account. Alternatively, you could also blast a message on your social networks letting people know you have a new Snapchat handle. As they add you, they’ll appear in the Added Me section of your new profile.
By the way, after deletion of your Snapchat account, you won’t be able to access anything in it again. So make sure you view any new snaps you’ve received as to won’t have access to them later.
Once that’s done, you can change your email address in Settings if you want to revert back to your previous email address.
Here’s how one can permanently delete your Instagram account.
Although changing your Snapchat username isn’t the most elegant solution but until Snapchat decides to let people change their handle, it’s currently the only option.