First steps is to download the latest version of Cydia Impactor and Yalu102 jailbreak IPA for iOS 10.2 and follow this guide here.
How to jailbreak iOS 10.2 on supported devices using yalu102 jailbreak and Cydia Impactor right now. It’s important to note that this yalu102 jailbreak release is still very much beta due to which it will be buggy and not everything will work on it.
Another point to take care it is semi-untethered jailbreak meaning you will have to boot your device into jailbreak mode after every reboot. Technically, it should work on all non-iPhone 7 64-bit devices, As of this writing, its been limited to iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, and iPad Pro only. Compatibility for iPhone 7/7 Plus on iOS 10.1.1 and all other 64-bit devices on iOS 10.2 will be added in the future updates.
The iOS 10.2 jailbreak yalu102 released by Luca Todesco is the latest build of the Yalu jailbreak, is unstable and supports fairly limited devices. But Mobile Substrate is working perfectly great.
Here’s what you need right now for jailbreaking iOS 10.2 on a supported iPhone or iPad device:
- Supported devices and firmware include: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE and iPad Pro running iOS 10.0, 10.1.x, 10.2.
- 32-bit iOS devices are out not supported at all.
- Download yalu102 jailbreak from here (named yalu102_alpha.ipa).
- Get Cydia Impactor from cydiaimpactor.com.
- A free or developer Apple ID is needed. You can register for a free Apple ID from appleid.apple.com.
- You should have the latest version 12.5.5 of iTunes installed.
- A computer running either Windows or macOS.
Steps-by-step guide follows:
Step 1: Connect your compatible device to a Windows or Mac computer using the Lightning/USB cable.
Step 2: Make a complete backup of the data on the device using iCloud or iTunes, so that you can return to it in case anything goes wrong with the jailbreak process you are about to perform.
Step 3: Launch Cydia Impactor on your computer. Actually jailbreaking iOS is something like installing IPA files onto your device, in other words, sideloading tweaks.
Step 4: Drag and drop the yalu102 IPA file you downloaded earlier on Cydia Impactor.
Step 5: Next, enter Apple ID credentials when Impactor asks for it.
Step 6: Wait for Cydia Impactor to install the yalu102 jailbreak app onto your iPhone or iPad.
Step 7: Once installed, disconnect your device from your system and head to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management or General > Device Management and hit Trust and then Trust again on the certificate you used to install this jailbreak app.
Step 8: Now launch the “yalu102” jailbreak app from the Home screen. If you get a prompt saying this app may slow down your iPhone, tab on “OK” to continue. Then, tap on “go” in the yalu102 app and wait a few seconds so that it can do its work. Next, you will get “Storage Almost Full” prompt, followed by a respring of the device, after which Cydia will appear on the Home screen of the iOS 10.2 jailbroken device.
Note: If Cydia doesn’t show up on your device’s Home screen, run yalu102 app once more and try again.
Done! You device should now be liberated with Cydia installed on iOS 10.2 jailbreak as shown in the screenshot below.
As mentioned earlier, since this is a semi-untethered jailbreak, you will have to put your device in jailbreak mode after every reboot. Re-jailbreak iOS 10.2 Yalu102 IPA file is what you should do.
You might also like to check out:
- Download iOS 10.2 IPSW Links For Final Version Of The iPhone And iPad Firmware
- Download iOS 10.2.1 Final Version IPSW Links For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 10,10.3, 10.2, 10.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone 7, 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]