Here’s complete step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.3, 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3 using the new version of TaiG 2.0 on supported iPhones, iPads and iPod touch devices.
Nowe that The Chinese TaiG jailbreak team has released a new version of their popular jailbreak tool for Windows capable of providing an untethered jailbreak for all devices running iOS 8.1.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.3. Considering the supported versions of iOS within this tool have previously been publicly unjailbreakable. Clear now, that were there’s will and is always a way, and thanks to TaiG all Windows users have a way of getting that awsome liberated device back on the lastet firmware.
The TaiG iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 jailbreak is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2,iPad mini 1 (1st generation iPad mini), iPad mini 2 (Retina iPad mini), iPad mini 3
- iPod touch 5th generation
Important notes before you begin:
- This jailbreak is untethered and currently available for Windows only.
- Make sure to make a full backup of your data with either iTunes or to iCloud before following the jailbreak iOS instructions.
- Fresh restore to iOS 8.3 is recommended: Download iOS 8.3 Final For iPhone and iPad [Direct Links]
- iTunes 12.0.1 is required.
- Supported firmware files: iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
- Supported devices: iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5, 4s, iPad Air 2/1, iPad mini 3/2/1, iPad 4/3/2 and iPod touch 5
How to jailbreak:
Step 1: Download TaiG 2.0 jailbreak iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3 for Windows from here.
Step 2: Make sure that Find My iPhone and Passcode/TouchI ID are turned OFF. To gain access, head to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Enter your current Passcode and then select Turn Passcode Off. Prompt for the current Passcode once more to verify.. Similarly, turn off Find My iPhone, be heading to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and select the relevant option to turn that partucular loaction tracking service off.
Step 3: Connect now your iOS device running iOS 8/1/3 – 8.3 to the Windows computer. Open the downloaded TaiG jailbreak tool.
Step 4: If Apple device can’t be discovered by the jailbreak tool, it will present a window that clearly shows “Cant’t find Apple device“. Detected correctly, then a different window will be presented showing the details pertaining to the device and the DEBs that will be installed.
Step 5: From here you have put an eye on the Cydia option checked out but unchecking the 3K Assistant option. Check Start to proceed with the jailbreak procedure.
Step 6: The user-interface will then keep you updated on the progress of the jailbreak with percentage indicators and lables of what been successful. Could take some time, so be patient. Finally, when the jailbreak process is finished the UI will be updated with a “jailbreak succeeded!” message.
Step 7: Now once the device has automatically rebooted, you should have Cydia installed on your home screen.