The Google’s iPhone and iPad mapping application in the App Store finally brings with it pit stops to navigation mode, the refreshed software has replicated by one of the favorite 3D Touch features found inside Apple Maps app; the ability to get directions to home as well as directions to work from the Home screen. Here is the guide on how to use.
Version 4.16 of Google Maps for iOS brings the directions to home and work feature live and iPhone 6s/6s Plus owners can press the app’s Home screen icon to bring up he shortcut menu with two useful Quick Actions: Directions to Work and Directions to Home. With a new version of Google Maps for iPhone released, supports directions on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus as well running iOS 10.0.x.
Before using this feature, make sure that you have defined your work and home address by tapping Settings in the side menu within the app, and Edit home or work right away. Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier than ever, where you can find best places in town and the information you need to get there.
In order to getting directions to home or work with 3D Touch, the updated 4.24.1 Google Maps app packs in bug fixes and comes with the ability to add detours to your route like gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores and more.
Adding pit stops is possible without leaving the navigation mode, which is certainly the better option than having to manually search for a pit stop and then navigate to it before restarting your original line of route, like before.
This feature is however accessible by tapping the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the navigation interface. Alternatively, you can tap the search icon or use voice commands to search by specific name or category to find what you’re looking for. Search results here includes ratings and the estimated amount of time the detour will add to your location/trip.
Overall, one of the more delightful and helpful features of the Maps apps for iPhone is the ability to get directions to your home or work from your device.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don’t miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
Download Google Maps for free-of-charge directly from iOS App Store.
You might also like to check out: