The latest jailbreak solution for iOS 11.3.1 has been released as the Electra1131 IPA, which now offers liberation for Apple’s devices running firmware up to iOS 11.3.1. If you want to jailbreak your 64-bit compatible iPhone or iPad using Electra jailbreak, then there’s a complete tutorial to that effect.
Before jumping into it, the process is worth noting that this is a semi-untethered solution, meaning that the Electra app will need to be opened and the device re-jailbroken each time it is rebooted or powered down.
So this should be noted and without further ado, let’s take a look at how you can use Electra jailbreak to liberate your iOS 11.3.1-powered iPhone and iPad the right way. There’s always been handy and must-have checklist of requirements that need to be ticked off so that your jailbreaking experience can be as smooth as possible. Fairly to say, let’s take a look at them first:
– You will definitely need to be using a 64-bit iPhone SE to iPhone X or an iPad generation to iPad Pro, and iPad 6. These are the devices that support and has a compatible version of iOS installed. Electra supports iOS 12 to iOS 11.3.1 (including betas) on all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, including iPhone X.
– The latest version of Cydia Impactor for your PC or Mac, obtained from cydiaimactor.com.
– The latest version of iTunes.
– A PC or Mac running Windows or macOS.
– A free or full paid version of Apple Developer ID. You can get one from developer.apple.com using an existing or new Apple account.
– The latest Electra1131 final IPA file, which you can get from here.
Note: As we mentioned there are two versions of Electra available, one of which requires paid developer account while the other one doesn’t and can be used with free Apple ID account. The difference between the two is the exploit being used, with dev account one using multipatch tcp exploit and having much higher success rate when jailbreaking compared to free developer account variant – it uses vfs exploit. Everything else here is about the two versions of Electra jailbreaks same. We recommend going with non-dev version for most users.
The How-To Jailbreak Process
Step 1: Put iOS 11.3.1 device connected to your PC or Mac via the supplied USB cable. Make sure that you capture a full backup of that device via iTunes before you continue. This is good housekeeping and makes sure that your data is protected.
Step 2: Enable Airplane Mode, disable Siri and reboot your device before running Electra on it.
Step 3: Use the latest version of Cydia Impactor. Launch the app and drag the Electra1131 IPA file of your choice into the Cydia Impactor interface. When requested, add your Apple ID credentials and wait for Cydia Impactor to go through the necessary process of sideloading the Electra IPA to your device.
Those of you new to Cydia Impactor then you may want to check out our previous posts on the app and its usage here: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac with Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How.
Step 4: Once the Electra jailbreak app is sideloaded, you need to modify something so that it can be launched on the device. To do this, on the device itself, navigate to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management and find the profile associated with the Electra IPA that you just sideloaded. Select Trust and again Trust on the resulting alert. You can now head back over to the Home screen where the Electra app icon is resting and tap on it to launch it.
Step 5: Electra will launch like any other app and provide you with its main interface. You should notice the “jailbreak” button in the middle of the screen. Tap this button to begin the process. And also make sure that the ‘Tweaks’ toggle is set to the On position.
Step 6: Taking its time, you will notice Electra rebooting/respringing the device automatically. This is normal. Once it comes back to the Lock screen, unlock the device, launch Electra again and hit “Jailbreak” again to continue the jailbreaking process.
Step 7: Allow Electra to do its business and all of the heavy liftings that you need to do. Once the process is completed, you should be notified that you have successfully jailbroken the device, and should also have Cydia icon tickling on the Home screen.
Launch Cydia and start enjoying the jailbreak and its compatible tweaks altogether.
Jailbroken successfully? Check out the complete list of tweaks compatible with Electra iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak here: iOS 11.3.1 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia For Electra [Compatibility List].
Next up to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta 3 Download Of OTA, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- PUBG Mobile 0.8.6 Final APK For Android Download, iOS App Released In China
- Download iOS 12 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- 101+ iOS 12 Hidden Features Discovered For iPhone and iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]