We are today comparing both the 2015’s latest smartphones, from OnePlus team known as OnePlus 2 and the other is Motorola Moto X Style aka Moto X 2014 successor. Comaprison chart specifically provides us a look at what exactly both the high-end devices worth, either in extraordinary performance, specs and even price when concern. This guide will of course help you decide which way to go, either OnePlus or Motorola.
OnePlus 2 Vs. Moto X Style – 2015
First of all we have to look at the screen size of the Moto X Style, comes with a 5.7-inch qHD TFT display with corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Now that the OnePlus 2 has a 5.5-inch full HD (1080p) display, but also comes with iPhone’s Touch ID-like fingerprint sensor at the front which can register up to five fingerprints.
Processor, RAM and Storage
The OnePlus 2 packs a Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU, 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and a maximum of 64GB of built-in storage. Whereas the Moto X Style runs on 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 chipset with hexa-core CPU (MSM8992), Adreno 418 GPU, paired with 3GB of RAM and available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants with microSD card support up to 128GB.
The Moto X Style runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box and the OnePlus 2 with OxygenOS 2.0 which is a custom ROM variant of latest version of Android Lollipo 5.1.
The OnePlus 2 sports a 13-megapixel f/2.0 lens with laser focus and optical image stabilization (OIS) which is capable of shooting videos in 4K resolution, dual-LED flash. Selfie shooter of 5MP cam. The Moto X Style camera has of 21-Megapixel main sensor with dual LED flash and capable to record 4K videos with f/2.0 aperture. With 5MP Selfie shooter with LED flash.
The Moto X Style is backed by a 3000mAh battery and also bundled with Motorola TurboPower 25 Charger, offers 10 hoours of power in just 15 minutes, which also has Motorola’s X8 Mobile Computing System that combines the S808 chip to deliver dedicated to Natural Language Processing, Contectual Computing includes handling the phone’s multple sensors. The OnePlus One successor battery get a capacity at 3300mAh, and it also gets the USB Type-C port.
The OnePlus 2 is a dual SIM LTE-enabled smartphone supports 4G on the go, alongside Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, GPS as well. And the Moto X Style is a single SIM variant and supports 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS.
The Moto X Style measures in at 153.9 x 76.2 x 6.1 to 11.06 mm (curve); Weight at 179g and the OnePlus 2 go with a 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm; Weight at 175 g.
Moto X Style Specs
- 5.7 (1440×2560 pixels) TFT LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8 GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16/32/64GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture , 1.4um pixel
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 76.2 x 6.1 to 11.06 mm (curve); Weight: 179g
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery
OnePlus 2 Key Features
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS In-Cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB LPPDR4 RAM with 16GB internal storage / 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal memory
- Android 5.1 Lollipop based Oxygen OS 2.0 Skin
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, OIS, 1.3um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 120fps
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm; Weight: 175 g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery
Price and Release Date
The 64GB OnePlus 2 will be retailing in India starting August 11th with an invite exclusively on Amazon. 16GB variant will be launched later this year. For more on how to sign up for OnePlus 2 invite, check out our earlier post here. The Motorola Moto X Style costs you at $399.99 (Rs 25,530 approx), and will be sold as Pure Edition Unlocked. Goes on sale in Europe, Latin America and North America starting from September 2015.