Today we are comparing both the OnePlus smartphones, OnePlus One and that too with the newly announced OnePlus 2 – and of course one belongs to Cyanogen OS and the two belongs to the company’s own custom ROM – OxygenOS 2.0 based on Android Lollipop 5.1. Details can be checked below!
OnePlus One Vs. OnePlus 2
OnePlus One has a 5.5-inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection with 401ppi. While the OnePlus 2 packs 5.5-inch Full HD 1080p display and also comes with Iphone’s Touch ID-like fingerprint sensor at the front which can register up to five fingerprints.
CPU, RAM, GPU and Storage
The OnePlus 2 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU, 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and a maximum of 64GB of built-in storage. The OnePlus One is running on Quad-core 2.5GHz Krait 400 CPU, 3GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and available in 16GB and 64GB onboard storage options.
The OnePlus One runs on Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11s OS, whereas the OnePlus 2 with OxygenOS 2.0 which is a custom ROM variant of latest version of Android Lollipo 5.1.
The camera on the back features a 13-megapixel f/2.0 lens with laser focus and optical image stabilization (OIS) which is capable of shooting videos in 4K resolution, dual-LED flash. Selfie, which the OnePlus 2 got is of 5MP front-facing setup. The OnePlus One captures in at 13MP autofocus camera, dual-LED flash supports 2160p@30fps video, 2160p(DCI)@24fps, 1080@30fps, slow motion recording at 1080p@60fps and 720p@120fps.
Battery and Connectivity Options
The OnePlus One battery goes with 3100mAh unit and has Active noise cancellation with a tri-mi setup. On OnePlus 2 you will get a capacity at 3300mAh, and it also gets the USB Type-C port and with iPhone’s Touch ID-like fingerprint sensor at the front which can register up to five fingerprints. The OnePlus 2 includes Dual SIM card slots supports 4G LTE on the go, alongside Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, GPS as well.
OnePlus One Specifications
- 5.5″ 16M-color 1080 x 1920px IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen of 401ppi
- Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11s OS
- Quad-core 2.5GHz Krait 400 CPU, 3GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset
- 13MP autofocus camera, dual-LED flash
- 2160p@30fps video, 2160p(DCI)@24fps, 1080@30fps, slow motion recording at 1080p@60fps and 720p@120fps
- Dual speakers (not stereo)
- 16GB and 64GB storage options
- 3,100mAh battery
- Active noise cancellation with a tri-mi setup
- Aggressive pricing
- Swappable back panels (including wooden ones)
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS In-Cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB LPPDR4 RAM with 16GB internal storage / 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal memory
- Android 5.1 Lollipop based Oxygen OS 2.0 Skin
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, OIS, 1.3um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 120fps
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm; Weight: 175 g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery
Price And Release Date
The OnePlus One is currently available on e-commerce website, retailing already. The 64GB OnePlus 2 will be available for purchase first in India from August 11th with an invite exclusively on Amazon. The 16GB OnePlus 2 with 3GB RAM will be available later this year.