What if you decide to compare specifications of the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro and the newly launched Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge gadgets. Given that both the high-end handsets are pretty much worthy to consider the best. My friend asked me to do this comparison between the mammoth Mi Note Pro and the Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man edition. I told my friend that the Iron Man themed S6 Edge is only a limited edition goes with the same hardware and only made available in some regions. Apart that, we have shared some of our experiences with the Galaxy S6 edge and Xiaomi’s powerful Mi Note Pro initiatives. Interested ones can check the complete details right after this jump.
You may also like to check thisout: LG G4 versus Galaxy S6 Edge here.
Features and Specs
The S6 Edge have a dual-curved edges on the display, packs a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED screen also utlizes at QHD resolution of 2560×1440 pixels with 577ppi and flaunts Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. With a 5.7-inch screen with QHD resolution and with a 2.5D curved glass on top, the Mi Note Pro display made by Sharp/JDI and offers 1400:1 contrast ratio and “dynamic contrast adjustment” under sunlight with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and with a pixel density of 515 PPI it is somewhat better in its equation.
Hardware and Storage
The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro packs a 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 chipset (four x 1.5GHz ARM A53 + four x 2.0 GHz ARM A57) with Adreno 430 GPU. Coupled with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, includes 64GB of on-board storage. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is powered by an 64-bit octa-core CPU with four Cortex-A57 cores ticking at 2.1GHz and four Cortex-A53 clocked at 1.5GHz with Mali-T760 GPU and paired with the same 3G LPDDR4 RAM and includes 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage, non-expandable though.
On Galaxy S6 Edge you will get a new ISOCELL camera sensor with 16MP resolution. The camera is enhanced with optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus and has a single-LED flash. Quite expectedly, 4K video recording is supported. On the front, there’s a wide-angle 5 megapixel front facing camera. On Mi Note Pro, camera sensor goes with a 13MP (OIS), dual-tone LED flash, Sony BSI sensor, 6P lenses and houses a secondary front-facing camera of 4MP with pixel size of 2 microns.
The Galaxy S6 Edge runs on Android Lollipop version 5.0 with customized new TouchWiz UX offers various features and apps working on the edges of the display, including a newer and better version of the Quick Glance info for the lockscreen. While the Mi Note Pro runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat (upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop) based on MIUI 6 UI.
Connectivity Options and Battery
The Galaxy S6 Edge offers LTE Cat.6, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS with GLONASS and Beidou, IR blaster and FM radio and packs a 2600 mAh battery. And the Mi Note Pro supports 4G LTE (cat.9 up to 450Mbps) , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS and is backed by a massive 3090mAh unit.
- 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 577 PPI Super AMOLED curved edge display
- Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos processor
- 3GB RAM, 32/64/128GB internal memory
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS,
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 142.1 x 70.1 x 7.0mm; Weight: 132g
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 4.0, Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE & apt-X, NFC
- 2600mAh battery
- 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) IPS display with 551PPI resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Ouad-Core Snapdragon 810 processor (four x 1.5GHz ARM A53 + four x 2.0 GHz ARM A57 ) with Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory
- MIUI on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera
- 6.95mm thick and weighs 161 grams
- 4G LTE (cat.9 up to 450Mbps) , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 3090mAh battery
Price and Availability
You can now decide which way to go. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Green Emerald colors. For 64GB variant at Rs. 64,900 and in 128 GB variant for Rs. 70,900. The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro hit China on May 12th. Priced at CNY 2999 which translates to US $483 respectively.