Here are most important key points to consider when buying a new smartphone, and at first you have to decide what its features and is it capable for you to het your hands on it or not at an affordable price point. So we have decided to make a comparison chart of both the new Yu Yuphoria versus Xiaomi Redmi 2 smartphones, specs, price and connectivity, which are available to purchase for a mere similar cost afterall.
Micromax’s Yu brand has just made its second smartphone and Yureka successor official, and with the launch of Yu Yuphoria, goes on its first flash sale on May 28 through Amazon India at Rs 6999. Xiaomi Redmi 2 is yet another handset comes from the Chinese manufacturer has similar specifications as well at got the same price tag.
See How both the Yuphoria and Redmi 2 compared:
The Yu Yuphoria has 5-inch screen and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, and the Redmi 2 features a 4.7-inch display with Corging Gorilla Glass 2 protection. Both the smartphones screen resolutions are similar, but Yuphoria’s screen will be bigger and refreshed. Rated 5/5.
Both the Redmi 2 and Yuphoria are powered by 64-bit 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 CPU with Adreni 306 GPU graphics. RAM memory when we speak about, Yu Yuphoria is paired with 2GB and the Redmi 2 with 1GB of memory.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is packed with 8GB of internal storage, microSD card support is initiated. Whereas the Yu Yuphoria includes 16GB of built-in storage and SD card offering.
Both the smartphones has 8MP rear camera with LED flash, but the Yuphoria comes with a 5MP on its front, and Redmi 2 has only 2MP sensor. Notably, we have to consider how the pictures captured through the smartphones are, and then decide to compare it.
The Redmi 2 runs on Android 4.4 KitKat based on MIUI 6, and the Yuphoria runs on Android Lollipop packed Cyanogen OS 12 out of the box. Customizations, when we talk abot, both are well better performed. With MIUI inspired massively by the iOS interface, whereas the Cyanogen OS offers deep transormation of Android OS.
The Yuiphoria and Redmi 2 offers dual-SIM slots, and offers 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. Battery on the Yu brand is backed by a 2,230mAh unit with quick charging technology that promises to juice up the battery to 65 percent in just 45 minutes. And the Xiaomi’s smartphone packs a 2,200mAh battery underneath.
Both the Micromax Yu Yuphoria and Xiaomi Redmi 2 smartphone specs match altogether and boasts best features as a whole, Now that Yuphoria does have the ability to take full advantage of a bigger internal space, full metal body and that too running on the latest version of Cyanogen OS 12 powered Android 5.0 Lollipop. I recommend to go with Yu Yuphoria buy out.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- Dual SIM
- MIUI v6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2200mAh battery
YU YUPHORIA Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS Fully Laminated display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM
- CyanogenMod OS 12 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, OmniVision OV8865 sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 4P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, 86-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 142.38 x 72.96 x 8.25mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 2230mAh battery
Price and Availability
You can now buy Redmi 2 freely on Flipkart and other offline stores via Airtel across India for Rs 6,999. For Yu Yuphoria purchase, you’ll need to wait a little more, because, it launched yesterday and will go on sale through Amazon flash sale starting May 28. Registrations are now open for the sale. Costs Rs 6,999!