The new sub-brand smartphone from Xolo lands on Flipkart, BLACK is now available for purchase, but my friend asked me to compare it to Xiaomi Mi 4i, that I did with the Xolo Black smartphone. Find out which is more affordable when specifications and price is concerned.
Xiaomi Mi 4i Versus Xolo BLACK
The BLACK features a slightly larger screen of 5.5-inch Full-HD OGS display with 1080p resolution and 401ppi pixel density. It is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 at the front as well as the back when compared it to Mi 4i, which has a 5-inch 1080p OGS display.
CPU and RAM
In terms of peformance, there won’t be any big changes between these two smartphone, wereas both are powered by a 64-bit Snapdragon 615 Octao-Core chipset and paired with 2GB of RAM memory and graphics goes with Adreno 405 GPU.
Biggest difference with two handsets are considerable. The Xolo BLACK indeed bring twin-camera setup (dual camera), one with 13MP rear and the second with 2MP sensor. Rear cameras are bundled with ChromeFlash for better shots in low-light. It houses a 5MP and comes with diffused flash.
Whereas the Xiaomi Mi 4i camera is also 13-Megapixel with dual LED flash and comes with autofocus filter and a 5-Megapixel selfie-focused front shooter.
Storage and Battery
Both the Xolo BLACK storage can be expandable using microSD card slot upto 32GB, and offers 16GB of built-in space. And that’s what Xiaomi Mi 4i doesn’t support. Battery package on BLACK you will be getting a 3200mAh unit and the Mi 4i is backed by 3120mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Mi 4i and Xolo’s BLACK smartphone runs Android Lollipop out of the box with their own custom UI skins on top. The Xiaomi’s on MIUI v6 and Xolo’s with HIVE UI.
Tow of the comparison chart comes with Dual SIM slots, and the BLACK has a hybrid version, which means the SIMs also doubles up as microUSB slot for expandanding storage capacity on the phone, has Cat.4 LTE support, including support for 4G LTE bands (TDD B40 2300MHz and FDD B3 1800MHz) for India, alongside offers Micro-USB v2.0 with USB OTG functionality; A-GPS; Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
The Mi 4i doesn’t have it anyway, but support 4G LTE networks on both of the SIMs, which also brings with it dual-band MU-MIMO WiFi a/b/g/n/ac support – ensuring the fastest local transfer speeds, Bluetooth 4.1, micro-USB 2.0 port supports USB host mode on-board.
Specifications And Price
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD OGS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with HIVE Atlas UI
- Hybrid Dual (micro + nano) SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 2MP secondary camera for depth sensing, 3-element lens, f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 155.5×76.6×7.3mm
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 3200mAh battery
- Priced at Rs. 12,999
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS fully laminated 441 PPI display with Corning scratch resistance glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( 4 x 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- MIUI 6 on top of Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (micro SIM)
- 13MP rear camera, 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture and two-tone LED flash.
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 138.1 x 69.6 x 7.8mm; Weight: 130 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 3120mAh battery
- Costs Rs 12,999
Now you can decide which way you go to either buy Xolo BLACK or Xiaomi Mi 4i, exclusively on Flipkart. Priced at the same point as the Mi 4i, the Black offers a little bit more in the storage and camera department than its competitor.