It was a surprise from Micrmax’s subsidiary YU, as it has launched YUREKA Plus. It’s the third smartphone from that sub-brand and as the name suggests, that is essentially an improved version of the Yureka launched last year. It looks like Yureka+ directly competes aginst the recently introduced Lenovo K3 Note. So we here have compared both the smartphones on the basis of their specs, price and lot more. How two smartphones beef each other and which you gonna choose is concluded below.
Lenovo K3 Note Vs. Yu Yureka Plus
Both the handsets sport similar 5.5-inch fullHD (1920x1080p) IPS display, but what is the difference is small. The screen on the Yureka+ is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which virtually resistant to scratches and such no protection seen on K3 Note’s cover.
CPU, RAM and Storage
The Yureka Plus is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 615 chipset clocked at 64-bit Octa-Core processor and coupled with 2GB of RAM, 16GB ROM. While the K3 Note is powered by MediaTek’s MT6752 Octa-Core processor, 2GB RAM and 16GB onboard storage. Both the devices comes with microSD card support.
The K3 Note and Yureka Plus boasts 13-Megapixel rear camera and houses a 5MP selfie-focused shooter on its front side. We haven’t performed any tests before so that we can not give any imminent news regarding the camera on Yureka+.
Connectivity, Software and Battery
The two new smartphone flaunts dual-SIM card slots and supports 4G LTE and both runs on Android Lollipop out of the box, but with custom ROM inside. The Yureka Plus runs on Cyanogen OS 12 based on Lollipop and the K3 Note with Android Lollipop wrapped under Vibe 2.0 UI and packs a 3000mAh battery. And the Yureka+ battery is slightly smaller with 2500mAh unit.
Music lovers will be going towards Lenovo K3 Note as it got Dolby Atmos sound technology and the Yureka Plus on the other hand, is for those who really want rugged enough, tough smartphone with GG3 protection for the display, reinforced chassis and a durable polycorbonate back panel, and the Yureka+ drop test made by the CEO Rahul Sharma and claims that it could take a fall Plus.
Yu YUREKA Plus Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- Dual SIM
- Cyanogen OS 12 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX214 sensor, 5P Largan Blue Lens, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 1.4 micron pixel size
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 2500mAh battery
Lenovo K3 Note Specs
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 178-degree wide viewing angle, 400 nits brightness
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6752 processor with Mali-T760 MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Vibe UI
- Dual SIM (4G + 4G)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 152.6x 76×7.99mm; Weight: 150g
- Dolby ATMOS
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
Price and Availability
The Lenovo K3 Note (Flipkart) is priced at Rs 9999. The Yu YUREKA Plus is priced at Rs 9999 ($157). Available to buy exclusively on Amazon.in starting from July 24th at 2PM. Registrations for the first flash sale already began on the online retailer site in India.
While both the Yureka Plus and K3 Note quite closely matched and being identically priced makes it difficult to choose from and confirm a winner. It is up to you to go get or grab your choice or wait for another big and more powerful smartphone at your budget. After all these are only comparisons based on the technical specifications and we are just sharing it with the world for better clarity.