Now that we have all the four new smartphones from Micromax’s Yu YUTOPIA, Motorola Moto X Style, OnePlus 2 and Galaxy S6 available right now in the market to purchase. The new comer would be the Yu Televentures YUTOPIA – launched with powerful and high-end specs which claims itself the most gigantic smartphone of 2015 flaghip series. How best is this Yu YUTOPIA manages to compete with all the other top-end phones in the market? For that we have compiled its efficiency and durability below and compared it with all the oft-mentioned handsets of almost carrying the similar price-tag.
My favorite phone still exists and its’ the Yu Yureka+. But there are other smartphones that are eligible with this comparison chart. With the likes of Moto X Play, LG G4, HTC One A9 and of course the Apple’s iPhone 6s listed as a big rival. When we speak about Yu YUTOPIA, there is much-hyped topic is that the company took months in producing an all-new hardware, teased as the flagship killer though.
Get ready for that:
Features and Specifications:
Starting with YUTOPIA (YU5050) smartphone has made its way into the Indian market for Rs 24,999 – exclusively on Amazon.in. The Yu’s new handset was announced with some extraordinary features and services, auch as Around Yu, Fingerprint sensor, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor, 12MP rear camera and 8MP selfie-focused shooter, 4G LTE, Hybrid dual SIM slot and comes with 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge capability.
In my though, while thinking different. The Yu Yutopia is to become a real beast which can grab some of the market share with its aesthetics and metal body, which is the main point of the hardware. It is equipped witb a 5.2-inch WQHD IPS display that runs at a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels with pixel density of 565ppi and aspect ratio of 16:9. The display is manufactured by Sharp and also Corning Concore Glass protection to keep scratches at bay.
The Yutopia sports a whooping 21-megapixel rear camera with a dual-tone LED flash. For faster faster auto-focus, the camera comes with PDAF (phase detection auto-focus) and OIS (optical image stabilization) to take blur free photos and videos. The camera supports 4K video recording at 30fps, full HD recording at 60fps and slow-motion video recording at 120fps. Still has the power of 8MP forward-facing cam with 86-degree wide-angle shootout. The main camera support 4K video recording, slow motion captures and many more.
Processor and RAM
The Yutopia is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 processor paired with 4GB of RAM and Adreno 430 GPU. The ARM big.LITTLE architecture consists of ARM A-57 and ARM A-53 cores to offer power-optimization while ensuring its energy efficiency, which makes sense to consider more.
Storage and Battery, Connectivity
It is inegrated with a 32GB of internal storage and has included a microSD card slot support upto 128GB. Despite 7.2mm thickness, the company has successfully put a 3,000mAh battery underneath the metal casing. It also supports Qualcomm’s QuickCharge 2.0 feature that can charge the smartphone from 0-60 percent in just 30 minutes. It has a Hybrid Dual SIM slot which user can use the second sim slot as SD card and it comes with support for 4G LTE bands for india.
It runs on Cyanogen OS 12.1 OS based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and the company also promised to roll out Cyanogen OS 13 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow when available. As it comes with a new service called ‘Around YU,’ which is essentially a hub that has different services integrated into it. It has apps like Zomato for those looking to order food, Scandid for shopping deals, Ixigo for travel deals, and cab options from Ola, Taxifor Sure. Gaana, the music streaming app is also available out of the box with 6-months free subscription.
Now compare Yu YUTOPIA with other hardware.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS In-Cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB LPPDR4 RAM with 16GB internal storage / 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal memory
- Android 5.1 Lollipop based Oxygen OS 2.0 Skin
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, OIS, 1.3um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 120fps
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm; Weight: 175 g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery
- 5.7 (1440×2560 pixels) Quad HD TFT LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8 GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16/32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Dual SIM
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture , 1.4um pixel
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 76.2 x 6.1 to 11.06 mm (curve); Weight: 179g
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery
- 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 577 PPI Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos processor
- 3GB RAM, 32/64/128GB internal memory
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS,
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8mm; Weight: 138g
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 4.0, Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE & apt-X, NFC
- 2,550mAh battery
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( 4 x 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB /32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 148 x 75 x 8.9-10.9mm; Weight: 169 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 3630mAh battery
- 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, OIS, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 145.75 x 70.8 x 7.26mm; Weight: 143g
- Multi-directional fingerprint sensor
- 24-bit, 192kHz supported by Hi-Fi DAC, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 2150mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
That’s it. Now you decide to go which way, trying to get your hands on Yu Yutopia or going the broad way.