The Chinese-based startup OnePlus have been financial backing to try and disrupt big players in the smartphone market since its inspection approximately 22 months ago. Just after introducing its secondF major smartphone offering in the OnePlus 2 back in July of this year, has today announced OnePlus X, a $249 smartphone.
Introduced new cases for the OnePlus X smartphone that comes in five versions – Rosewood, Sandstone, Black Apricot, Bamboo and Karbon. It also offers Silicone cases in Five colors, Black, Blue, Red and White. Point to be noted is that unlike OnePlus One, 2 back covers, OnePlus X cases are not removable.
The company’s OnePlus 2handset managed to cause a lot of excitement with those Android-loving consumers who wanted. The handset had plenty of top-of-the-specs to offer and at a price much affordable than other flagship phones out there. But the OnePlus X however is not a “flagship killer” or going to compete with other flagship brother for supremecy, nevertheless does come with its own charm.
The glass and metal design gives the OnePlus X a premium look and feel, which in all honesty transcends its price-tag, at least visually. Design inspiration taken from the likes of devices that have been launched by manufacturers over the last twelve months.
Specifications on the OnePlus X devices comes equipped with a 5-inch Full HD AMOLED display protected by the extremely robust Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Processor it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 which is accompanied by ample 3GB of RAM, which is 1GB less than the OnePlus 2. Still have enough to serve up formidable performance against other mid-range Android handsets such as Motorola Moto X Play, Galaxy J2, J5, and J7. All that need for power will be supported by a 2525mAh battery.
Consumers will be able to purchase OnePlus X with 16GB of internal flash memory, with the option already there to expand up to an additional 128GB through the microSD card slot support. There’s also a 13-megapixel rear shooter with ISOCELL sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and full HD video recording that is capable of shooting slow motion video at 120 frames-per-second.
The OnePlus X camera on its front comes in at 8MP and should produce some remarkable selfies. It also packs an FM receiver for the radio lovers and in terms of the mobile operating system. The OnePlus X is purely integrated and powered by OxygenOS, which is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Price and Release Date
OnePlus has dubbed the metal clad phone as “Onyx” and will be launching it into European markets on November 5th priced at EUR269 (GBP199). United States consumers can expect to be able to purchase the handset from November 19th for USD249. Onyx can be purchased via the usual invite method from oneplus.net.
Announced a new range of cases for the OnePlus X phone. These cases have been crafted from “real Rosewood, Black Apricot, Bamboo, Karbon, and Sandstone.” OnePlus is also throwing a silicone case in the mix as well, available in black, blue, red, and white colors. Silicone cases will cost $14.99 while the more finely crafted cases will set you back $24.99.
Cases For OnePlus X Detailed
- Sandstone Case – Synonymous with the OnePlus brand, our one-of-a-kind Sandstone material is available as a protective case for the OnePlus X. Without being too soft or too rough, the Sandstone strikes a perfect textural balance.
- Black Apricot Case – Each Black Apricot OnePlus X Case is made from real Black Apricot wood sourced from Morocco, then stained and molded to fit your device perfectly. Every case made has its own individual black and white grain texture.
- Rosewood Case – Fine wood materials, compact form, and a smooth texture make up the distinctive qualities of this protective case. Crafted from South American Rosewood, you can adorn your OnePlus X with a beautiful, dark-stained natural wood.
- Bamboo Case – The durable and high-quality Nan Bamboo lends its most elegant attributes to our OnePlus X Bamboo Case. Following a high-temperature molding process, the bamboo fits your device like a glove. With 100% real bamboo, no two cases are alike.
- Karbon Case – The OnePlus X Karbon Case utilizes real DuPont Kevlar fiber that’s also found in bulletproof materials. Sporting a subtle black and gray geometric design, your OnePlus X will have an extra layer of stylish protection.
- Silicone Case – With OnePlus X Silicone Cases, you get the best of both worlds: hard plastic protection and a soft, grippy tactile feel from the silicone. Featuring an enclosed top and cutouts for the headphone jack and Alert Slider, your phone is protected from all angles while remaining practical. For an added bonus, the case comes lined with a special microfiber fabric that keeps your phone clean and fingerprint-free.
For those who want a little extra, OnePlus has also confirmed that it will releasing a limited edition Ceramic version of the X hardware for EUR369 (GBP269) with a ‘Ceramicspecific invite’ in Europe and India starting November 24th. Will be limited to a production run of 10,000 units given that this particular model takes around 25 days to craft.