The Taiwan-based electronics is running a ‘Pre-sale offer’ for its HTC One A9 in the United States and once the special price ends, the same handset will be increased by up to $100. It will be more expensive to buy One A9 in the U.S., starting next month.
HTC says its regional sales teams can set their own prices, as U.S. price will go up by 100 dollars. The fact that the new HTC One A9 costs $399 in the United States, with the caveat of “Limited time, promotional offer” and that A9 tops out upwards of $725 (U.S., equivalent) In Europe. The question here is why the phone was almost twice as expensive outside of the US.
So the HTC One A9 will be available for $399.99 for another two weeks, and later it will be priced at $499.99 from November 7. In the UK, the One A9’s price is set at £429.99, that translates to around $660.
Here’s the word from HTC directly:
“The cost of the HTC One A9 is the same worldwide to all distributors and operator partners. For end consumers, HTC’s sales regions are given the freedom to set prices and promotions as they see fit for local market needs. The One A9 price in the US is a very limited-time promotional offer for that region’s online store, as well as select HTC-only franchise stores. The offer is a special promotional pre-sale and is expected to conclude once the One A9 is available on-shelf at major retail and distributor partners.
After the promotional pre-sale offer ends, the new price in the US atwill be $499.99 beginning 12:01 a.m. on 11/7.“
- 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, OIS, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 145.75 x 70.8 x 7.26mm; Weight: 143g
- Multi-directional fingerprint sensor
- 24-bit, 192kHz supported by Hi-Fi DAC, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, NFC
- 2150mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
Coming Nov. 7th, the HTC One A9 becomes a little more expensive in the U.S., will be available in Carbon Gray, Opal Silver, Topaz Gold and Deep Garnet colors.