After numerous leaks, Microsoft has gone official with the unveiling of Lumia 950 – the smartphone taht will carry the burden of being the company’s foremost Windows 10 mobile flagship and has been 18 months since the lasy Winddows Phone handset was ever released.
The new is here to help launch Windows 10 Mobile, Microsoft Lumia 950 will be available starting November for $549, respectively.
It’s now officially here. Microsoft Lumia 950 is a new flagship device that the company is pinning its hopes on for the future successes of Windows 10 in mobile space, and will ship in eithr a white or black polycorbonate finish. It will come with a gorgeous 5.2-inch WQHD OLED display offering up a 1440×2560 pixel resolution. That display will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808, 64-bit Hexa-Core processor clocked in at 1.8GHz under-the-hood.
Microsoft Lumia 950 is also fixed with a beefy yet replaceable battery as well which comes in at 3000mAh backup cell. In terms of memory and internal storage, the Lumia 950 comes complete with 3GB of RAM and offer 32GB of on-board storage, expandable via microSD slot. Photography department on this new Lumia 950 can expect to be able to interact with a 20 MP PureView rear shooter with triple LED flash, 4K video recording, and integrated optical image stabilization (OIS).
The Microsoft Lumia 950 also houses a 5-megapixel wide-angle front-facing camera for video calling and expert selfies. Qi standard wireless charging, there’s an inclusion of USB Type-C, a built-in Iris scanner for use with Windows Hello is also equipped inside Lumia 950. Liquid colling complete what is great effort by Microsoft.
Say hello to Microsoft Continuum which allows users to connect their Lumia 950 phone to the Microsoft Display Dock and use it an external monitor with the interface being Windows 10 like. Continuum will turn a phone into a PC by allowing support for a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, and the ability to connect a device wirelessly to a monitor. Adapting the Windows 10 Mobile UI to include a Start Menu and desktop-like interface in this mode. Developers will have to create Windows 10 universal apps to make use of Continuum, so that it will take time of the feature to be really useful.
Specs In Brief:
- 5.2-inch (1440×2560 pixels) QHD AMOLED ClearBlack display at 564 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 200GB with microSD
- Windows 10
- Dual Nano SIM (only in Lumia 950 Dual SIM)
- 20MP PureView camera, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.9 aperture, triple RGB flash,4K video recording
- 5MP front facing camera, f/2.4 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 145 x 73.2 x 8.25 mm; Weight: 150g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Lumia Rich Recording with four microphones
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C 3.1
- 3000mAh removable battery with fast charging, Qi wireless charging with flip cover
The daul-SIM Microsoft Lumia 950 model is still there and goes on sale in select markets within couple of months this year.