The Meizu Pro 5 has just gone official at an event in China. The flaghsip smartphone brings with it lot of upgraded hardware specs and it tends to catch the eye of any Chinese brand smartphone fan and the company has dropped the “MX” naming convention for its latest flagship and has produced a proper monster in a metal shell. But the new phone continues to show the same design language that has become synonymous with Meizu. More details on what actually Pro 5 specs goes with can be found right below.
The Meizu Pro 5’s display is of 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1080 pixels and on top, the company is using 2.5D curved glass for extra smooth swipes. Under the hood, it is powered by a Samsung Exynos 7420 chipset that gives the phone some serious brawn and you can avail it with a 3GB or 4G of RAM depending on your choice when you choose from a 32GB or 64GB built-in storage variants and of course there is a microSD card support for expanding the onboard space.
Camera sensor on the Meizu Pro 5, you will find a 21-megapixel Sony IMX230 module at the rear with laser auto focus for 0.7 second quick capture that is accompanied by a 5MP camera up front. It runs on Flyme 5 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box, that too with a mBlack touch-sensitive home button – offers different functions depending on your press and also integrated with 2.1 fingerprint recognition technology. It is backed by a 3050mAh battery and still has a mCharge 2.0 that charges the battery up to 65% in just 30 minutes.
Connectivity options include on Meizu Pro 5 are the reverse USB Type-C port, support for Cat6 LTE that allows download speed up to 300Mbps, VoLTE and TD-LTE (band 38/39/40/41) and FDD-LTE (band 1/3/7). Meizu also promises Hi-Fi sound experience thanks to the new ES9018 signal processor and OPA1612 headphone amplifier and a passive filter for crystal clear audio. Available to purchase in Gray, Silver, Silver Black and Golden colors.
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 2.5D glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection, 88-degree viewing angle, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Samsung Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Flyme OS 5.0 based on Android 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (SIM 2 slot can also be used as a microSD slot)
- 21.6 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with OV5670 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 78 x 7.5mm; Weight: 166g
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 3050mAh battery
The Meizu Pro 5 will officially go on sale starting October 12. The flagship with 32GB/3GB RAM costs 2799 Yuan ($440/CNY2800) and if going to buy a 4GB RAM with 64GB variant in China, it is priced at 3099 Yuan (CNY3100/$485 USD).