Qualcomm was actually in the work to introduce its Snapdragon 616 SoC with 4G LTE support in their S600 chips segment, which is the successor to the last year’s Snapdragon 615 CPU. Now that, Qualcomm has announced a new upgraded chipset with two quad-core clusters for ARM Cortex-S53 cores, one cloed slightly higher at 1.7GHz and the other running at 1.2GHz compared to 2014 1GB Snapdragon 615.
The new Snapdragon 616 packs the same Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 + Quad-core ARM Cortex A53 integration. It has X5 LTE Global Mode modem and pose with the same Adreno 405 GPU present inside the Snapdragon 615 chip, support for full HD (1980×1080 pixels) display and QuickCharge 2.0.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 412 is another successor, comes with a quad-core SOC with Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.4GHz paired with Adreno 306 GPU. It includes support for 13.5-megapixel camera sensors, QuickCharge 2.0 and 4G LTE.
The next in the chipset line will be the Snapdragon 212, which is Qualcomm’s low-powered chip with quad-core SoC with Cortex A7 cores clocked at 1.3GHz, supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.1 BLE and camera sensors up to 8-megapixel with full HD video recording.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 Key Features
- Quad-core 1.7GHz ARM Cortex A53 + quad-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A53 64-bit capable
- Built on 28nm LP process
- Adreno 405 GPU with DirectX 11.2 and Open GL ES3.0
- Integrated X5 LTE Global Mode modem, supporting LTE FDD, LTE TDD, WCDMA (DC-HSDPA, DC-HSUPA), CDMA1x, EV-DO, TD-SCDMA and GSM/EDGE
- LTE Broadcast and LTE multimode dual SIM
- 3rd gen power efficient LTE multimode transceiver with Qualcomm RF360 Front End
- LPDDR3 800MHz Single-channel 32-bit (6.4GBps)/eMMC 4.51 SD 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Supports up to Quad High Definition (2560×1600) displays
- Up to 21 MP camera
- 1080p playback at 60 fps with H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC) formats, 1080p capture at 30 fps with H.264 (AVC)
- Miracast support for wireless streaming of multimedia content
- Integrated Qualcomm VIVE 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO and Bluetooth 4.0 solutions.
- Qualcomm IZat Gen8C
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology
You can find Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 on Huawei Maimang 4 handset, recently released and available in China.