The Sony Xperia M5 Dual has finally hits the store shelves of Indian market with a hefty price tag, nevertheless brought with it waterproof certification and some major specs that today’s smartphone world is anticipated for. With Sony camera expertise, this new Xperia M5 Dual also has a dual-SIM functionality that indeed supports LTE bands for India and the rest of the details right after this fold.
According to the Japanese consumer electronics firm, the Xperia M5 Dual is a selfie-centric smartphone and that too branded with IP65 and IP68 rating for dust and water protection. Much like other flagships of Sony, this new Xperia M5 features a cap-less USB port and boasts a 13-megapixel Sony Exmor RS sensor on its front-facing and at the same time offering a 21MP primary camera on its back, which what it’s been called “Hybrid autofocus” and f/2.2 lens, capable for 5x image zoom, 4K-res video recording, autosence recognition, image stabiliser, and geo-tagging among other features.
It sports a 5-inch FullHD (1920x1080p) screen and is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek Helio-X10 (MT6795) chipset clocked at 2GHz Octa-Core CPU with 3GB of RAM. By adding 16GB of internal storage, the smartphone also expandable up to 200GB through microSD card. It runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box and offers 3G, 4G LTE (not available in all markets in India) and is backed by a 2600mAh battery.
The Sony Xperia M5 Dual smartphone will be available in Black and Gold colour variants. Priced at Rs. 37,990 – slaes starts from today itself, and can be availed though Sony Centers, Sony Smartphone Lounges and other leading retail outlets across India.
Xperia M5 Dual Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Dual SIM
- 21.5MP rear camera with IMX230 Exmor RS sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Hybrid AF, LED flash, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera, Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording
- Water and Dust Protection (IP65/68)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Dimensions: 145 x 72 x 7.6 mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2600mAh battery with STAMINA mode
Unfortunately, the single-SIM Sony Xperia M5 is not being launched in India at this time. Sometime later, stay tuned!