Xiaomi has finally announced the new 60-inch Mi TV 3 smart TV in China, regarding what the Chinese manufacturer cares about the Mi fans in the country at a more affordable price-tag. The most interesting points would be that the Xiaomi Mi TV 3 comes in two parts, the display itself and a speaker box. Details regarding this new hardware are below.
Introduced Xiaomi Mi TV 3, which is a 60″ smart TV with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels) display from LG with 178-degree viewing angle and MEMC motion compensation. As aforementioned the Xiaomi Smart TV has a 11.6mm thick diamond patterned aluminum alloy frame and it is 36.7mm thickness.
In the Mi TV 3, Xiaomi has shifted all the important bits inside the speaker box, turning the TV itself into just a monitor. The TV connects to the speaker box via a single cable, and all your other sources connect to the speaker box instead of the TV. It’s also cheaper to repair as you just have to replace the speaker unit instead of the entire TV.
Now that the speaker box houses all the ports above and the main logic board is inside the speaker box as well, along with two 2.5-inch woofers and a single dome tweeter on either side for each channel. The box also has three HDMI inputs, USB 3.0 + USB 2.0 ports, VGA input, Ethernet, AV in, RF in, and subwoofer out.
The Xiaomi Mi TV 3 system runs on Android 5.1 but uses Xiaomi’s custom UI instead of Android TV operating system. It has a 4K LG panel with color gamut of NTSC 85% and MEMC motion compression. The panel has a double colored anodization and a metal backplate. It uses a single Mi Cable to connect to the soundbar that has all the ports and also the motherboard.
According to the company, the Xiaomi Mi TV 3 screen cost accounts for 70% of the TV and the motherboard cost accounts for 20%. It also said that the display will last for 10 years and you can replace the motherboard every 18 months.
Xiaomi Mi TV 3 (60-inch 4K smartTV) Specifications
- 60-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8 ms dynamic response, 1200:1 contrast ratio, over 85% NTSC color gamut
- 1.4GHz quad-core MStar 6A928 Cortex-A17 processor with Mali-760 MP4 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 triple-channel RAM, 8GB internal memory (eMMC 5.0)
- MIUI TV based on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band 2.4 / 5GHz, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, Mi Port, 3 x HDMI 2.0, AV, VGA, 1 x USB 2.0 and 1x USB 3.0, Ethernet
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps, MPEG1 / 2/4 1080P at 30 fps, VP8 1080P at 30 fps, REAL7 / 8/9 1080P at 30 fps, MJPEG 1080P at 30 fps
- 2.5-inch full-range stereo speakers with acoustic waveguide technology
- Dolby DTS Virtual Surround Sound and Bass Boost
Price: The Xiami Mi TV 3 will honor your at RMB 4,999 (€699). Interestingly, Xiaomi also sells the speaker box seperately, which can turn any TV or monitor into a smart TV with sound system.
While the Xiaomi’s Mi Subwoofer with aluminium body, wired and Bluetooth connectivity costs you at for RMB 999 (€139). You can also get an additional subwoofer for RMB 599 (€83) to improve the low-frequency audio. Xiaomi is also offering this, you can also get a wireless Bluetooth remote with voice search and 6-axis motion sensor for RMB 99 (€14).