Apple’s hotly anticipated iPhone X is all set to go on pre-order this month, and will launch soon on November 3rd. No? Wrong. This new leak changes that situation now, and the reality is everyone who wants the most radical and expensive OLED iPhone ever made is in for a nasty surprise. Here are the details.
A new report surfaced on the web which was obtained by MacRumors from Ming Chi Kuo, widely regarded as the “best Apple analyst on the planet’. Claiming that iPhone X stock will be extremely limited until well into 2018, followed by the cause Apple to miss its widely predicted 2017 “super cycle.”
Why? Because, Kuo says Apple has run into significant problems mass producing the “TrueDepth” camera sensor the iPhone X uses for its Face ID facial recognition system. The same iris/Face ID technology replaced Apple’s much loved Touch ID fingerprint sensor ‘notch’ at the top of the iPhone X’s bezel-less edge-to-edge display, so this is unlikely to endear it firther with iPhone fans.
Not only uo believes sales of Apple’s new 2017 iPhone (including iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X) are unlikely to break records with total iPhone sales this year coming in at 210-220 million units. In 2015, Apple managed 231M and fell to 211M in 2016, but the radically redesigned iPhone X was meant to change everything. Should create a record sale.
In fact, with iPhone X problems still mounting due to its Face ID sensor, Kuo states iPhone X production issues will be “significantly addressed” during the first three months of 2018 and this will see shipments “pick uyp strongly.” Combined with Apple’s 2018 iPhone upgrades, Kuo believes total iPhone sales in 2018 wil produce a super cycle of 245-255M units.
It’s worth noting out stock of new iPhones is often limited straight after launch, but never to this extent. He believes iPhone X stock could be limited to a total of just 2-4M units until January, and not like Apple’s opening weekend sales record shifting a massive 13M units of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
All of which means if you are lucky enough to get an iPhone X before Christmas the most fiscally responsible thing to do is put it on eBay. You’ll probably be able to buy three with your profits in January. Just kidding!
- iPhone X With New Dynamic Wallpaper Spotted In The Wild [Video]
- Download Windows 10 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.47.1 For iOS, 0.77.1 For Android APK Available Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.2 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.2.1 With Saigon IPA On 64-Bit Devices [Developers Only]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.2, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.2 / 11.0.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download TuTuApp Helper iOS 11 iPhone and iPad Now Easily