If you are aware of what our previous post speaking about, then it’s ok, and if not, are using a passcode that is made of a 6-digit number or worse 4 numbers, then you may want to change based on the report which we discussed about.
A report circulated earlier this week which revealed that a 6-digit passcode can be cracked in just 11 hours and the 4-digit passcode in 6 and half minutes using a new and relatively cheap technology called GrayKey, used to unlock iPhones by Law Enforcement department.
According to a person, an assistant professor and cryptographer at the Johns Hopkins Information Security Institute, literally advises iPhone or iPad owners use an alphanumeric passcode that isn’t susceptible to a dictionary attack and that is at least 7 characters long thus has a mix of at least uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
Here’s how you can set up a custom alphanumeric passcode on your iOS devices:
Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your device.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode or Face ID and Passcode.
Step 3: Enter the passcode when prompted.
Step 4: Scroll down and tap Change Passcode.
Step 5: Now, enter the old passcode when prompted.
Step 6: Then tap Passcode Options.
- Tap Custom Alphanumeric Code
- Enter your choice of an alphanumeric passcode. As Professor Green recommends, use a passcode which is at least 7 characters long and has a mix of at least uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers or symbols.
- Tap Next: You will be prompted to verify the new passcode. Enter the new alphanumeric passcode again.
Note: If you’re using Face ID or Touch ID, then the alphanumeric passcode shouldn’t be very inconvenient as you will also need to enter it only when you reboot your iPhone X or iPhone SE, or iPad 6 2018.
You may also like this:
- iOS 11.4 Public Beta 4 Download Of IPSW, OTA Links Now Available
- Apple’s iPhone X Hacked To Run Microsoft’s Windows 7 [Video]
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 Final APK Download Update And iOS English Version Has Been Released
- Force Download PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 APK Update On Android, Here’s How
- PUBG Mobile Maintenance Time For 0.4.0 Posted As New Trailer Gets Teased
- iOS 11.4 Beta 2 OTA Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 Patch Notes For English Global Android Final Version Posted Online
- Fortnite 3.5.1 Update, Patch Notes Release, Details Here
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]