HTC has announced HTC U Play, as the smaller version of HTC U Ultra without a secondary touchscreen display. But the new smartphone comes with the same glass design with a metal frame and the display size is of 5.2-inch fullHD 1920×1080 pixels resolution. Also equipped with HTC Sense Companion for AI assistant-based suggestions. Here are the rest of the details.
Neither U Play device is intended to replace the HTC 10 as the firm’s flagship smartphone, but HTC hopes they will appeal to mid-market customers looking for a distinctive hardware. The U Play’s downgrades from the main U flagship are not insignificant: it swaps the Snapdragon for a Helio P10 processor from MediaTek, cut offs the storage offering to 32GB or 64GB, and uses a 16-megapixel rear camera with smaller pixels than on the Ultra model. The U Play will being shipping with Android Marshmallow out-of-the-box.
Two variants of HTC U Play will be on sale, one with 3GB RAM and other 4GB RAM memory and also has a Hybrid dual SIM support and its has 16MP on rear and front-facing, fingerprint scanner on the front panel and said to be backed a 2,500mAh battery of the U Play.
HTC U Play Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with up to Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 28mm lens, UltraPixel mode
- Fingerprint sensor
- HTC USonic, Dual microphones with noise cancelation
- Dimensions: 145.99 x 72.9 x 3.5-7.99mm; Weight: 145 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 2500mAh battery with fast charging
The HTC U Play will be available to buy in the UK through Carphone Warehouse, and online from Amazon, Very, Argos and HTC.com, from February. Pricing for the HTC U Play is detailed. It comes in Sapphire Blue, Cosmetic Pink, Brilliant Black and Ice White colors and costs NT $ 13,900 (US$ 438 / Rs. 2980 approx.) for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage version in Taiwan.