Finally, the most popular media center software, Kodi is currently in its ending stage of a long development cycle for its newest release, Kodi 17 – Krypton. Just before New Year’s eve the developers team has released its first official RC1 which marks the final step towards the original release of v17.0. Following many beta releases, that software is now going through the release candidate process, with the third of those release out now to download.
With the first release candidate only published, the team behind Kodi is wasting no time in getting things ready for an absolute final release.
Available list of changes between candidates is impressive, and released with many new features changes and bug fixes already, having taken place all-over that beta process we pointed about earlier. The improvements aren’t to be sniffed at either, but naturally, we can’t wait to see what the final software is like.
These Release Candidate builds are dedicated to gain further feedback from users who are willing to take the jump towards v17 and we sure are grateful if they do as that provides valuable information on general stability and usability. Our team will certainly try to tackle as much of the reported problems as possible with the limited resources we have.
So, what did the people behind Kodi do this time around?
Fixes done in this release candidate:
• Update Estuary with some bugfixes and improvements
• Revert change that cause video playback problems on some files
• Fix mouse not reaching right side of the screen on OSX
• Several fixes regarding general video playback
• Several fixes regarding EPG/PVR
• Several fixes and improvements regarding cmake build system
• Update to CEC 4.0.1
That is a list of the salient changes made in the build, with a complete list available over at the Krypton GitHub page.
Otherwise we still don’t have a solid idea as to when Kodi 17 Krypton will be ready for a full release to everyone who wants it, but nevertheless, the rate at which these release candidates are being pushed out, we can’t estimate it being too far away. Keep your eyes open; we know we will be doing the same to grab it.
You might also like to check out:
- Download: Official Plex For Kodi Add-On Released, Plex Media Player Now Free For All
- You Can Now Sideload Apps On iOS For Free, Here’s How Using Xcode
- How To Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac Using Cydia Impactor [No Jailbreak Required]