Spoilers are here, as HBO has confirmed that it had suffered a cyber attack and Game of Thrones season 7 episode 4 (S7E4) script has been leaked into wild. Here are the details.
With the Game of Thrones franchise we are not sure that the word (alleged) really does its justice, while HBO is more than accustomed to having a hit on its hands.
Hacking is bad. But some “GoT” fans are constitutionally unable to *not* look at leaks and spoilers, so if Game of Thrones intel is out there, it will be bug up like drangonglass. Reports claiming that hacker nab 1.5 terabytes of data. Upcoming episodes of “Ballers” and new series “Room 104” have been put online.
The show’s popularity makes it a target of all kinds of people, hackers included. It’s worth bearing that in mind following the news that next week’s fourth episode of the current Game of Thrones has seen its entire script leak online, that too, following a hacking attack on HBO’s servers. Game of Thrones was not the only target either, with Ballers and others also seeing the same situation, content leak.
According to a report by Entertainment Weekly (EW) which was told by HBO that law enforcement and third-0party security firms have been involved in the incident. “There is also written material that’s allegedly from next week’s fourth episode of Game of Thrones. More is promised to be ‘coming soon.‘”
“HBO recently experienced a cyber incident, which resulted in the compromise of proprietary information. We immediately began investigating the incident and are working with law enforcement and outside cybersecurity firms. Data protection is a top priority at HBO, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect the data we hold.”
Seriously, the most interesting of all this right now is an email sent out by the hackers in which it is claimed that there may be a leak of unreleased episodes of Game of Thrones on its way. There has been no confirmation straight from HBO that episodes have been taken, but episodes of Ballers and Room 104 have already been leaked.
If this situation occurs here as it with the fate befell Netflix a few months ago, Game cof Thrones fans may literally have a very difficult moral dilemma to overcome! Although Game of Thrones is a sieve. It’s the most pirated show on TV every year. And in Season 5, the first four episodes leaked online in advance, based off the press screening DVDs sent out before the premiere.
Those spoilers may anger HBO and the showrunners, result that haven’t hurt “Game of Thrones” in the ratings. Far from it. Season 7 continues this Sunday with Episode 4.
(via: Entertainment Weekly)
Also like to check out:
- iPhone 8 Bezel-Less Design And Pearl ID Details Accidentally Leaked By Apple Via HomePod Firmware
- Pokemon Go 1.39.1 IPA And 0.69.1 Hack Available To Download Now
- Download Snapchat++ iOS IPA With Notifications Fully Working [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download: iOS 11 Beta 4 IPSW Released For Devs, Here Are The Details
- GTA 6 Release Date Tipped After Resume Posted Online Shows The Game In Later Development Stages
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download and Install Kodi 17.3 IPA On iOS 10 [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 4 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]