Developer and self-proclaimed iPhone hacker ‘tihmstar’ has uploaded a demonstration of the ‘JailbreakMe’ like jailbreak solution he has been working on for 32-bit iOS devices running iOS 9.
On Twitter, tihmstar has showcased the most popular JailbreakMe liberation, which takes advantage of a flaw in Apple’s Mobile Safari app to inject its payload and jailbreak the device. Has put together by Comex and associates and released back in 2010 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS running iOS 4 and 4.0.1.
The same jailbreak is still one of the best, most popular, and easiest to use public untethered jailbreaks to date. Compatible device owners were simply invited to navigate to the correct website in Safari, give the instructions for the jailbreak to start from. And also the whole jailbreaking process was handled through the browser without any need for additional software or tethering the device to a PC or Mac to get the payload onboard.
This wasn’t anything like it since which is as easy-to-use and foolproof, tihmstar has admitted that there is “no practical need” for this creation as HomeDepot and Phoenix for iOS 9 does exactly that, but, it’s always good to create great things, right?
First of all, the series of tweets issued by tihmstar shared a video of the iOS 9 jailbreak in action, later, carried on to give additional info on the creation. His creation of JailbreakMe doesn’t actually install the untether at the time of the jailbreak but there is one available through Cydia as a post-jailbreak installation. While he states that he’s using the Trident bugs in order to get the privileges needed to make this jailbreak possible and confirms that those bugs were patched with Apple’s release of iOS 9.3.5.
Finally, the hacker has confirmed that this tool process cannot actually be used to bypass iCloud Activation as there’s “no JIT inactive portals“. Could that mean the JailbreakMe 4.0 could otherwise become a thing and be released to the public if additional work is carried out to get it ready?
How many people are still running pre-iOS 9.3.5 devices or how many of them are benefited from a jailbreak of this nature is unknown, but it’s definitely great to see another JailbreakMe-esque solution put in place and demonstrated even though tihmstar has currently no plans to make it public
(Source: @tihmstar [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Houdini iOS 10.3.2 Semi-Jailbreak IPA Released, Here’s How It Works
- Pokemon Go 1.55.1 IPA And 0.85.1 Hack Available To Download Now
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.55.1 For iOS, 0.85.1 APK For Android Rolling Out
- Tidal For iOS Update Brings Support For CarPlay & iPhone X
- Download iOS 11.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA For Your iPhone Or iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Potential iOS 11.1.2 / iOS 11.2 Jailbreak Update: Ian Beer To Release tfp0 Exploit Soon