As expected you are now witnessing the launch of Vodafone 4G LTE services finally activated in Mumbai, India. First and foremost, Vodafone has made it available in Kerala, Mysore, Kolkata and Delhi & NCR and today Vodafone has officially rolledout in key business and Residential corridors inside Mumbai across Western suburbs & South Mumbai in a phased manner.
By the end of March 2016, Vodafone’s 4G LTE services will reach all parts across Mumbai including Eastern and New Mumbai license areas. Based on 1800MHz FDD-LTE band 3, which Vodafone acquired last year, has now built on strong fiber back0haul of 100G, and is supported by its 3G services all the way around.
Mumbai Vodafone customers have a best offering here with a beneficial 4G experience to retain seamlessly, includes:
- FREE upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM
- 100% extra data for Vodafone 4G RED customers for one month
- Three-month complimentary subscription to TV, Movies & Music on Vodafone Play. Live TV channels, VOD service HOOQ, Hungama Play, Vodafone Music etc.
- Array of Data Packs ranging from Rs. 26
- 4G Mobile Wi-Fi that supports connectivity for up to 10 devices
- Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS <4GCHECK> to 199
- Request for 4G SIM by calling the call centre or sending an SMS <4GSIM to 199>
- Instant SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
- 1 day door-step delivery of postpaid 4G SIMs (for requests received before 7:00PM previous day)
- Country first: 4G customers can avail 4G international roaming in UK, Germany, Romania, Spain and Netherlands.
The company said this that, “Vodafone 4G services, which is now present in 5 circles – Kerala, Karnataka, Mumbai, Delhi & NCR and Kolkata contribute to 30% of industry revenues and close to 50% of Vodafone India data revenues.”
Vodafone will officially launch 4G services in Bengaluru on February 11, which will be the final city to get full LTE support in the first phase. Second phase will certainly begin in early 2017 financial year.
Ishmeet Singh, Business Head–Mumbai Circle, Vodafone India said:
Mumbai is a strong leadership market for Vodafone India with data contributing around 30% of total revenues. As the leading telecom service provider, our close to 9 million customers in Mumbai have a lot to look forward to and we are proud and delighted to launch 4G services in Mumbai.
Sunil Sood, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone India said:
Initial response from customers who have experienced our 4G services in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata and Delhi & NCR has been positive and encouraging. As a steadfast partner of Digital India, we remain focused on deploying multiple technologies –be it 2G, 3G and now 4G-for optimum use as each technology has its own vital role to play in servicing the myriad connectivity needs of consumers across the country.
You may also like to check out:
- Double Dhamaka Offer: Vodafone Brings Back Its Binary Data For Pre-Paid Customers
- VoLTE: Airtel And Vodafone Preparing To Add Voice-Over-LTE Technology To Networks