In order to do so you have to download WhatsApp and install on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices. Released the latest version of WhatsApp for iOS, after introducing the feature on Android. WhatsApp video calling feature also enabled with the latest version 2.12.318 of WhatsApp Android Beta APK or can also be updated through Google Play Store. To send Live Photos or video as GIFs on iOS, this updated version of WhatsApp is now available on App Store for free.
GIFs and emojis are some of the most popular and highly-anticipated ones that has funny features and today they’ve arrived on your favorite WhatsApp Messenger. Now brought the feature allowing iOS users send animations ‘GIFs’. This feature on iOS, WhatsApp allows users chose short videos or Live Photos and send them literally as GIFs. The ability to send or receive GIFs has been thrown into existing Android users, and now on iOS. Allowing one to use existing videos and turn them into GIFs.
Also like to:
Here’s how to use it
First and foremost, you will need to update WhatsApp for iOS to version 2.16.14. Users can be able to send shorter videos as GIFs, but those videos need to be six seconds or less in duration. You can even add a doodle, emoji, text, or caption to that sent GIFs. Click on the ‘+’ (Attach) icon in a chat window and choose video. From the list of video clips you choose. Tap on the GIF toggle after selecting a six seconds video. Also, you can use the scrubber to decide which moment exactly you really want to loop in as a GIF.
By the way, you can also doodle over the GIF, add text, emoji, or give a caption. The recipents will get that media link with a GIF play icon. Owners of iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus can pick Live Photos and send them as an animated GIF image. All that you need is 3D Touch any live photo from the video library and then choose ‘select a GIF’.
When your try to download the GIF file through desktop, it is saved as a MP4 file.
New features in WhatsApp 2.16.15 for iPhone
- You can now send and receive animated GIFs
- For videos that are 6 seconds or shorter, you can now send them as animated GIFs. Just tap the GIF toggle after picking a video.
- Send Live Photos as animated GIFs. Just 3D Touch any live photo from Attach — Photo/Video Library and choose “Select as GIF.”
(Download WhatsApp 2.16.15 from iOS App Store)
You might also like to check out:
- WhatsApp For iPhone Gets Siri Integration, Quick Forward Button And More With iOS 10 Update
- Download Beta: WhatsApp For Android To Get Doodling, Stickers, Bigger Emojis And More
- WhatsApp To Add Support For Live Photos For Unsupported Devices As Well