As you can now download iOS 11.2.5 beta 3 that too if you are a registered member of the Apple Developer Program. And if you are a big fan of podcasts, and want a quick daily rundown, then a new feature baked into Siri, which is still in beta stage of iOS should be a welcome addition. Here are the details you really want to know about.
You are aware of what Apple seeded, the third developer beta of iOS 11.2.5. Release notes and changelog details are also shared, but what we noticed is a new change in the latest pre-release seed, a new feature that will let Siri play daily podcasts from a variety of different sources when asked about the news report.
As reported by 9to5Mac, Siri will now play the daily podcasts from the likes of The Washington Post, CNN, and many others. But again, there are some limitations. The feature appears bent towards the HomePod smart speaker, which should be launching sometime in the early stages of this year.
However, the feature found in the latest iOS 11.2.5 beta 3 is limited to where Siri assumes you’re not looking at a display. The HomePod, meanwhile, does support the spoken query, “Hey Siri, give me the news.”
“Also interesting is that each show doesn’t appear to be a feed in the Apple Podcasts directory despite playing in Apple’s Podcast app on iOS. Separately, Apple Music’s Radio feature includes a News and Sports section with providers including BBC, Bloomberg, CBS, and ESPN, but the two features do not appear to be connected.”
Furthermore, this new feature should apparently take a long way to making the HomePod a daily use item, though, not merely to play music. Having a brief rundown of the news, including podcasts, should be a nice bonus point, especially for folks who have used smart speakers from the likes of Google and Amazon – both offer similar features with their own options.
Note: The new feature is only present in the iOS 11.2.5 beta, and does not currently work on the public releases of the mobile operating system.
iOS 11.2.5 is now in its third beta stage, so the public release should happen pretty soon.
Although HomePod has a huge competition, and with its reliance on Apple’s first-party features, apps, and services, it will need these types of inclusions to stand out. And, it’s good to see that Apple is planning something like this ahead of the smart speakers’ arrival. Stay tuned for more.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 3 IPSW / OTA Download Released For Developers
- Download: Houdini Beta 2 IPA Brings Semi-Jailbreak Like Experience To iOS 11 / 11.1.2
- G0blin iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak IPA For 64-Bit Devices Is Compatible With Cydia And Substrate
- Batterygate Scandal Update: Apple Will Replace iPhone 6 And Later Battery For $29
- Set Custom Boot Logo On iOS 11 / 11.1.2 iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Download: LiberiOS 11.0.1 IPA For iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Released, Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak 11.2.1 / 11.2/ 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]