Here’s how to clean install iOS 12 final via iTunes the right way on your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device.
Apple has been pushing iOS 12 for a number of months now, and today is the day the official final version of iOS 12 download out in the public domain. Following this information and following through the info will leave you with a clean, stock version of iOS on your chosen iPhone or iPad.
It’s also possible for you to get your hands on iOS 12 and interact with all of the new features. Let’s dive right in and see how to do with a clean installation.
It’s important to note to keep in mind that going forward with this process will wipe your device entirely and remove all of the data on it. Make sure that you have entirely backed up the device via iTunes or iCloud before you proceed.
Step 1: First and foremost, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac.
Step 2: You should also grab the correct IPSW file for your device. You can have that right from here:
iOS 12 IPSW Direct Download Links:
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone X
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation)
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Step 3: Now, you will have to do a bit of maintenance work. Head on over to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and toggle the switch to OFF in order to disable this particular feature.
Step 4: Connect your device to a PC or Mac using a Lightning cable. Launch iTunes or it automatically be done but if it doesn’t then launch it manually. Make sure that your connected device is selected from within the iTunes interface.
Step 5: Well, this is going to require a manual restore instead of an automatic one. This means holding down the ALT key on Mac, or Shift key on a Windows machine, and then clicking on the Restore iPhone…. button. iTunes will then want you to select a specific firmware file to install to the device and will give you a dialogue window on your machine.
Step 6: Now simply choose the IPSW file that you downloaded earlier.
iTunes will then start its play and go through the process if manually restoring that firmware file to your chosen hardware. You will be left with a clean version of iOS 12 on your iPhone or iPad.
Next up to check out:
- iOS 12 Compatibility List For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL Might Come In New Mint Color [Details Leak]
- iPhone XS, XS Max, XR eSIM Dual-SIM Compatibility In Countries & Carriers List
- Complete Specs Sheet For iPhone XS / XS Max – Comparison
- Apple’s iPhone XS, XS Max, XR: Specs, Price And Release Date Announced
- Apple Watch Series 4 With ECG And Redesign Announced
- Apple’s iPhone X, iPhone 6s And SE Discontinued For This Only Reason