There are a variety of ways on how to add your own iOS 12 Siri Shortcuts and Xcode 10 on your iPhone or iPad right now. But the fact today we received is that the new Siri Shortcuts feature appeared in iOS 12 is said to not be supported on some of the iPhone models. Here are the details.
It is very clear that Apple ships iOS 12 to the public later this month, a couple of days from now. And one of the features that is sure to be popular among those innovative tweaks will be Siri Shortcuts. This is a feature that will allow iOS to monitor what users do and then recommend shortcuts, often complicated ones with multiple steps, and thus saving them time, too.
First of all, Siri Shortcuts was thought to be part of iOS 12 that would eventually be available to anyone who can install the update, However, that now appears not to be the case anymore, with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users out of luck.
The reason is explained in this news report that comes after a Redditor emailed SVP of Software Engineering at Apple, Craig Federighi, about the feature. The highlight of this report is the response that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are just not as powerful enough to handle the AI smarts required to make Siri Shortcuts work. While the same goes for the iPhone 5s, but not mentioned, meaning iPhone SE supports iOS 12 Siri Shortcuts feature.
Given the fact it too supports iOS 12 but is even older (iPhone 5s) than the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, we expect that phone to also be out in the cold.
Although Siri Shortcuts are part of the new Shortcuts app that is based on the Workflow app that Apple bought last year. This same Shortcuts app will not ship as part of iOS 12 itself but will rather be an app downloadable via the App Store and those testing the software during the iOS 12 beta program have had to download it via Testflight, just like third-party iOS apps and iOS games.
Presumably, Apple will launch iOS 12 and Shortcuts alongside, shortly before the 2018 iPhones go on sale, likely in the third week of September.
Next up to check out:
- iOS 12 Jailbreak Security Exploit Discovered, Read And Write Privilege Achieved
- Here’s The New Cydia Replacement App ‘Sileo’ In More Detailed Screenshots
- Samsung To Tease Foldable Galaxy X Just After The Release Of iPhone XS Next Week
- Apple Acquires AR Glasses Startup Akonia Holographics [Details]
- iPhone XS Concept Video Based On Leaked Image Shows Off Its Specs And Design
- Airport Express Gets Firmware 7.8 Update With AirPlay 2 And Home App Support
- Apple Watch Series 4 Leaked Gesture Revealed Massive Display, Dense Watch Face, More