iOS device owners just accept it as the norm, while Android users are generally blown away when they release a firmware update. With iOS 12.0 final released recently, iOS 12.1 beta out in testing with developers, and now, iOS 12.0.1 is in the hands of public. All in the space of just over a couple of weeks, so, we’re going to look at the changes and new security content of that interim firmware release.
Indeed, iOS 12.0 has been a big deal, but have bugs and issues to be faced. iOS 12.1 beta went into the external testing period with developers recently, is also extremely notable as it’s the first major upgrade to iOS 12.
As is iOS 12.0.1 naming convention suggests, it is just a relatively minor upgrade for a bug fix that Apple released to the general public to get out into the hands of device owners. This release, however, doesn’t bring any touching inclusions which are concerned very perfect but it does focus on stability and performance, which is meant to be what iOS 12 is all about.
One thing to mention, if you are already on iOS 12.0, and upgrading to iOS 12.0.1 won’t have any effect on your ability to jailbreak. As there is currently no official jailbreak solution available for any flavor of iOS 12. The community is rumbling with positively about the future, meaning that upgrading to iOS 12.0.1 from iOS 12.0 in order to take advantage of the latest improvements and stability enhancements shouldn’t have a negative impact on you at all. Otherwise, quite the opposite as this is a bug patch release which should improve your experience. You can find out all about the improvements below.
iOS 12.0.1 Release Highlights
iOS 12.0.1 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone or iPad. This update:
– Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices do not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
– Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz
– Restores the original position of the “.?123” key on the iPad keyboard
– Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
– Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
– For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Those of you haven’t downloaded iOS 12.0.1 yet, or are still looking at the available update on your device, we recommend that it’s worth going through the process. That includes Apple’s official release notes, detailing any changes, and any security-related content which outlines exactly which bugs and vulnerabilities the company has patched with this release.
Next up to check out:
- Download: iOS 12.0.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 / 12 / 12.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Downgrade iOS 12 To 11.4.1 Final Version On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- 150+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- iOS 12 Compatibility List For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iPhone XS, XS Max, XR eSIM Dual-SIM Compatibility In Countries & Carriers List