Those who bought or restored iPhones or else will no doubt be familiar with the fact that if you want to be able to activate one of Apple‘s smartphones, you will definitely need to have an active SIM inserted in order to get started. This would be a situation somewhat irritating more often than you might think.
However, we have something real news to talk about the reports that suggests this is no longer an issue, meaning one of the biggest irritations we have with the initial setup process may be gone for good where a message “SIM Required” would display and would force you to put a SIM card in the phone in order to use it.
The first report we received suggesting the iPhone no longer required a SIM to be in place in order to be activated came from YouTuber Micheal Billing who initially believed that the new feature was part of the iOS 12 beta 6 release. After further ado and testing, it would appear that this is not the case but rather that Apple has changed either server-side or that this is something that was actually changed in previous iOS 11.x releases.
What we know for now is that an iOS 11.4.1 installed on iPhone was also able to be activated without the need for a SIM to be inserted, for example.
If you’ve restored an iPhone recently and haven’t had to have a SIM inserted for activation, then it is the case to let everyone know. It’s likely that won’t be noticed by many but if you’ve run into that particular roadblock before, you’re likely as pleased to see it go away as we are.
(Source: Michael Billig [Twitter])
Next up to check out:
- Download: Android 9 Pie Factory Images, OTA For Pixel, Essential Phone Released
- iOS 12 Beta 6 Download Of IPSW Links And OTA Update Along With watchOS 5, tvOS 12, macOS 10.14 Released
- iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak: Here’s The Latest Development That You Should Know About
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]