Apple is likely to launch at least one new iPhone model with a triple-lens rear camera in the second half of next year, according to this report. Here are the details on it.
Last year, Apple’s iPhone X has been launched with a notch at the top of the display, and many more alterations made to successfully earn points from the world, has now become one of the best smartphones on the global markets, and that also goes for the cameras that are built into it.
While there are arguably better out there, the differences between the top three or four smartphone cameras on the market continue to become ever smaller.
Apart from that, another report now claims the rumored triple-camera iPhone may release in the second half of 2019, and that would be reserved for Apple’s highest-end iPhones, so if accurate, this rumor probably applies to a third-generation iPhone X and/or iPhone X Plus launching around September 2019.
According to Taipei Times, citing a research nite from Yuanta Securities analyst Jeff Pu, this news comes live. The report does not provide any additional details, but a Chinese report from last month suggested the camera system will have a 6P lens design with up to 5x zoom and at least one 12-megapixel lens.
One iteration is now starting to crop up via phones like the Huawei P20 Pro, using three lenses on the back of a phone. Apple’s iPhone X has two now, but the iPhone 8 only has one. Could Apple be getting ready to go one step further and offer a three-lens rear camera solution on an iPhone next year?
If Apple did include a third lens then we could perhaps hope for at least 3x optical zoom on an iPhone for the first time. 5x as rumored will, of course, be even more awesome. The iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X currently offer a 2x optical zoom, with software taking over beyond that point.
Huawei’s new P20 Pro smartphone is the first with a triple-lens rear camera system, and it’s a real contender. Reviews of the camera system alone have been stellar, although the rest of the handset does suffer from typical Hauwei traits, in fact, it will never be released in many of the markets worldwide it would need to in order to be competition for the iPhone.
As Huawei P20 Pro has included a 40-megapixel lens, a 20-megapixel monochrome lens, and an 8-megapixel telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. Many prefer the P20 Pro’s camera over those on the iPhone X and Galaxy S9.
(source: Taipei Times)
- WhatsApp ‘Black Dot’ Bug Can Easily Crash Your Android Phone, Here’s How To Fix
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 APK, iOS Download Of English Version Release Is Forthcoming
- Download: iOS 11.4 Beta 4 IPSW & OTA, tvOS 11.4, watchOS 4.3.1, macOS 10.13.5 Released
- iOS 11.4 Beta 4 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Download Windows 10 April 2018 Update 1803 ISO Right Immediately
- Fortnite 4.0 Season 4 With Patch Notes Released, Here Are The Details
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 11.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Fix For Third-Party Screen Repair Issue