You can now download iTunes 12.7.1 for both Windows and Mac machines. Apple has released it about a month and a half after the release of iTunes 12.7 which dropped support for App Store.
iTunes 12.7.1 is a small update which focuses on under-the-hood changes and does not contain a plethora of outward-facing user features. With Apple’s iTunes 12.7.1 release notes saying only that it introduces minor app and performance improvements.
Although Apple getting mostly positive and eventual reviews on its upcoming flagship iPhone X smartphone from critics. This was then followed up by various software updates, starting from final iOS 11.1 version, that has brought 100+ new and redesigned emoji characters among other tweaks here and there, and more important a fix for KRACK WPA2 WiFi vulnerability.
Now, with the release of iTunes 12.7.1 on both Windows and Mac platforms, Apple hasn’t pushed any major performance improvements to the overall experience of using iTunes on Macs and PCs. Instead, it mainly focuses on bringing app and bug fixes to the table.
And yes, it won’t bring the App Store back which Apple removed in iTunes 12.7, much to the displeasure of many business users. So if you want that particular feature, Apple has a special iTunes 12.6.3 version available for download now that should cater for those special needs in the enterprise, business, and education sectors.
Today’s iTunes update can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for free using the Software Update function. As is iTunes 12.7.1 follows a controversial iTunes 12.7, a September update that introduced major changes to the iTunes software.
iTunes 12.7 entirely revamps the iTunes app and removes the built-in App Store to focus solely on music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks.
The latest iTunes version 12.7.1 can be downloaded from apple.com/itunes/download. Alternatively, if you have already installed iTunes 12.7, you can simply grab it by checking for the update in MAS, or in Apple Software Update Utility if you are on Windows. Here is a guide on: How To Clean Install iOS 11 Via iTunes The Restore Way
- iOS 11.1 Release Notes, Changelog: All New Changes For Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 11.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update Of Final Version
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 1 OTA Via Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]