Will CoolStar and his team players planning to offer an untethered jailbreak with the release of Electra update? Well, Tim Michaud, a “Security Nerd” from Texas, has thrown out something into the jailbreak community by speculating that a newly discovered launchd bug could artificially pave the way for an untethered iOS 11.3.1 Electra jailbreak.
In the previous post, it was said that Electra will be a semi-untethered jailbreak. The tweet has been picked up and shared online with the poster quoting Michaud in saying that an untethered iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak in the works, which should theoretically be “straight forward.”
However, that statement doesn’t show is the confirmation as well as he is not an exploit developer either, and the whole process “might not be very straight forward” at all. What it does bring is in question.
It seems that it lies somewhere in the middle, @nullriver, one of the esteemed developers involved in the creation of Electra, replied to the topic confirming that they are aware of the upcoming launchd bug but they don’t know a great deal about it at this stage, and they cannot comment on the possibility of bringing in an untethered experience to iOS 11.3.1 devices based on its integration.
The not qualified person on Twitter originally suggested that he believes that big would “allow rejailbreaking at boot“, which is the essence of an untethered experience.
@nullriver has taken to the online thread to suggest that it’s a “possibility” that Electra could benefit from this but, at the same time given that the original assumption was on a similar bug being consumed by the Evasi0n jailbreak which was able “to do extensive kernel patching during their jailbreak.”
The same developer @nullriver also pored a little bit of sour milk on the theory that extra_list doesn’t offer the reliability levels needed to come as an untethered package. Probably, in the same position as we were before this information filtered into the public domain.
We can still expect an updated version of Electra with the ability to jailbreak iPhone and iPad running iOS 11.3.1. Whether or not an untether will emerge down the line is still unknown. If anything solid progresses on this front we will be sure to let you know.
Next up in Jailbreaking:
- Download iOS 12 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- Kodi 18 Leia Alpha 2 APK Download For Android, IPA For iOS, Xbox One, Windows, And Mac Released
- iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak Electra Public Release Date May Not Be Too Far Off Now
- Download: iOS 12 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- 101+ iOS 12 Hidden Features Discovered For iPhone and iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 2 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 2 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]