The team behind has made available to download Kodi 17.6 APK for Android, IPA for iOS Krypton final version. A new version of Windows, Linux, and other compatible platforms has also been released. Here are the details you need to know about what’s new in the popular Kodi media center software.
Kodi v17.6 final will be the very last release in the Kodi “Krypton” series and the distribution has uploaded it to their website and supported online app stores. Although the development team is officially turning its focus on to Kodi 18 Leia, which should be released sometime in 2018. The latest version contains bug fixes and other improvements as follows.
The final Kodi 17.6 release comes on the back of multiple RC and Nightly builds to the community and really cements what Kodi Krypton is all about with a series of fixes to offer minimal to maximum stability to the platform in its current state.
Otherwise, this particular release version represents the end of yet another era of Kodi and its users. The Krypton series has been serving up a wonderfully consistent experience to users for almost 9 months after the initial 17.0 release back in February of this year.
The upgrade to Kodi Krypton carried on where Jarvis left off and has done a perfect job of paving the way for the next iteration of the platform, 18.0 Leia, which is already in the works and will likely be coming very soon.
The previous version of Kodi 17.5 contains several general bug fixes and improvements for Android 8.0 Oreo mobile platform, and the new Kodi 17.6 brings with it some more major updates to the Krypton media center. Albeit the last ever official version of Kodi 17, is classed as a bugfix release, meaning that it doesn’t actually introduce any new functionality or features which can’t be found in earlier versions.
All of that goodness will be saved for the initial release of Kodi 18.0 Leia next year. What exactly does the 17.6 finally brings to the table? Only multiple bug fixes and performance improvements, somewhat add-ons, which are ultimately designed to iron out some of the last known niggles that Krypton users have been experiencing and offering a stable usable platform for those who may opt to remain on 17.6 going forward instead of upgrading to Kodi 18.0 when it’s publicly and widely available.
Check out some of the bugs fixed in version 17.6 of Kodi and make sure you update today to the last Krypton version before we see new features released into the program.
The official changelog of 17.6 looks as follows:
- Fix possible crash in controller dialog
- Update standard scrapers to latest version available on release
- Fix possible connection issues with internal webserver
- Fix crash when peripheral joystick add-on is disabled
Want to get Kodi 17.6 Krypton installed on an Android smartphone, tablet, or set-top box, or you have an iPhone or iPad that you typically use for your Kodi installations, then you can grab the relevant updated APK and IPA files for Kodi 17.6 Final from here. For all other platforms including Windows, Linux, and macOS, you can head on over to the Kodi downloads page at kodi.tv/download for access to those installation files.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Install No Limits Magic Wizard Kodi 17-17.5 Krypton In 2017
- Apple’s 2019 iPhone To Get A Laser-Based 3D Sensor Camera For Enhanced AR
- Download: iOS 11.2 Beta 3 Changes, Release Notes, And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- How Battery Life Increased On OLED iPhone X With ‘Dark Mode’ Enabled
- Download BarMagnet Torrent IPA App For iOS 11 iPhone X [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 11.1.1 Jailbreak On iPhone X Demoed On Video
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.1 / 11.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]