Apple has officially made available for download macOS Sierra 10.12 for all the compatible MacBook, iMac, Mac Air, and Mac mini systems. Announced it back in May at its World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC 2016).
It brings with it a variety of new features, such as Auto Unlock functionality, more importantly Siri integration, Universal Clipboard, iCloud Desktop, Digital Personal Assistant, Documents and Apple Pay on the web.
The macOS Sierra 10.12 Photos app has also been updated with a new Memories feature that automatically creates curated collection of your favorite photos and videos. Apple genuinely seems to want to try and bring the new features and improvements owners of old and new. If you are looking forward to getting to grips with macOS Sierra, then, you should have one of the following Mac machines you will be golden.
Here is the list of Macs supported to run macOS Sierra are as follows:
- MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
- Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
macOS Sierra Key Features
- Get things done by asking Siri, the intelligent assistant now on your Mac.
- Copy and paste between your devices with Universal Clipboard.
- Automatically log in with Auto Unlock.Enjoy the convenience and security of Apple Pay when you shop on the web.
- Access files on your Mac desktop from your iPhone with iCloud Desktop and Documents.
- Get control of your desktop with tabs in apps.
- Keep an eye on the big game or your favorite video with Picture in Picture.
- Rediscover the most meaningful moments in your Photos library.
- Enjoy an all-new Apple Music experience in iTunes.
- Liven up your Messages conversations.
The final version 10.12 of macOS Sierra comes with a download size of 4.77GB and is compatible with Mac systems running OS X 10.7 or higher. You can get your hands on the download links from the Mac App Store for free-of-cost. Once downloaded, simply hit the install button to begin installing from there.
Alternatively, in case you want to do a fresh clean install on your Mac, you can do so. For a full list of new features and improvements in Sierra, you can refer back to our previous post on the subject here.
You might also like to check out:
- Full List Of macOS Sierra 10.12 Compatible Macs
- Apple’s Wireless AirPods, New Beats Range Announced: Features, Price And Release Date