You can now download macOS 10.13.2 final version and ready to install on compatible Macs as Apple releases the much-anticipated update.
Alongside macOS 10.13.2 update, Apple also made changes to its own iTunes Store and released a new version 12.7.2 to the general public. Starting this month, Apple pushed out the sixth beta of macOS 10.13.3 to developers and public testers and has now deemed the platform ready for consumption. This means all compatible Mac owners are now able to head over to the Mac App Store to grab the full and final macOS 10.13.2 update.
The recent release of iOS 11.2 has managed to grab headlines purely because it was rushed out early to fix a rather annoying crashing bug caused by a local notifications API. When Apple and Software are concerned most, macOS has also managed to grab its own share of the title recently with “pesky ‘root login’ bug.” However, the recent update to macOS 10.13.1 fixed that vulnerability, and the fix has been implemented into this 10.13.2 release because 10.13.1 still had some issues with it even already mentioned patch installed.
macOS 10.13 High Sierra Root Password Bypass Bug
As a brief historical overview of the root password bypass bug, any user who had access to a Mac running macOS High Sierra was able to enter ‘root’ as the username at Apple’s login prompt, and then leave the password field empty and hit login a few times to gain access with full system privileges. That is one of the main, if not the biggest, security issue fixed with this public release of macOS 10.13.2.
Other than that, the new release of macOS 10.13.2 is all about bug fixes, important security patches. And some under-the-hood improvements to push macOS forward. Owners could be forgiven for thinking macOS isn’t as important to Apple as platforms like iOS or watchOS. But that simply isn’t true.
If you are a proud owner of a compatible MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac? Head over to grab the latest macOS 10.13.2 update immediately from the Updates tab in the Mac App Store.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12.0 Wish List Imagines What Top Requested User Features Might Look Like
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Specs Sheet Leaked Online
- iOS 11.2 Changelog And Release Notes: All New Changes Of Final Version In One Place
- Download iOS 11.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA For Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download: Google Maps App Gets Updated For iPhone X After All
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]