Gionee phones in its mobile category these days are becoming more popular because of its dual camera system and specifically the Gionee S6s offering a selfie shooter with perfect front-facing flash. Now that the company has teased an image, of course, it was an invite for the unveil of the two new smartphones, the Gionee S9 and S9T. Set for an introduction on November 15th.
Before we go and talk about the upcoming Gionee phones, earlier this week these two smartphones were spotted on the Chinese certification site TENAA, and today the Chinese phone maker has officially announced the release date timeframe of November 15.
Both the Gionee s9 and s9T were been rumored for a while and also speculated its highlights and specs otherwise, the dual-rear camera setup. Expected to sport a 13MP and 5MP rear facing camera sensors, a major change with compared to the Gionee S8, which only features a 16MP sensor.
Leaked images of the Gionee S9 shows up the rear cameras vertically placed in the middle, just below the top antenna line, while the Gionee’s logo is placed under the rear camera module. The design language also include a horizontal antenna lines across the top and bottom at the back, which differ from the loop metal design that the S8 gained popularity for.
If that’s the case then the suggested design layout of the ionee S9 seems to feature rounded edges compared to Gionee S8. According to the certification website in China, the Gionee S9 is reportedly coming featuring a 5.5-inch full HD (1920×1080) display with a 2.5D curved glass on top.
Rest of the Gionee S9 keys includes a 1.8GHz Octa-Core processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, microSD card support up to 128GB. Battery capacity is speculated of 3000mAh unit and connectivity offerings adds support for 4G LTE, GPS, WiFi, USB and more.
Gionee S9 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920× 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via micro SD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear + 5MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.2×76.4×7.4mm; Weight: 166.5g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
About the Gionee S9T specs, it seems to be the higher-end variant of the S9. Clocked at 2GHz. To come in silver, gold and black colors. When compared to Gionee S8, features a pressure sensitive touch technology, similar to 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and the iPhone 7. It’s simply unknown whether Gionee will be bringing the same feature to nits upcoming smartphones.
- All About ‘Jet White’ Color Option For iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus Release Date
- SIM-Free iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus Models Now Available In US
- Dual-Core, 2GB RAM iPhone 6s Beats Octa-Core, 4GB RAM Galaxy Note 7 In App Speed Test In Real Time
On the given date we can witness the real facts about the Gionee S9 and the Gionee S9T on the 15th of November. Stay tuned!