As expected, Huawei’s Honor 9 is now official. Specs, release date, price and more details have been announced as well. Here is everything you need to know about it.
Right on schedule, Huawei sub-brand Honor unveiled its latest flagship phone in China. In the same way how Huawei P10 was introduced earlier this year, Honor 9 has been introduced without Leica SUMMARIT branded lenses. Technical specs includes a 5.15-inch 1080p curved glass display with DCI-P3 screen. The new Honor brand is powered by an Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 CPU, offered in 6GB of RAM memory.
The new Honor smartphone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1 and to compete with the likes of Vivo V5 Plus and OPPO F3 Plus, Huawei sub brand includes a 20-megapixel rear camera along with a 12-megapixel camera for 2x hybrid zoom and laser autofocus for quick shots.
The smartphone also comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, as well as 6 GB of RAM with either 64GB or 1298GB of storage space. The storage can be expandable for an additional 256GB with the help of a microSD card. The Honor 9, as mentioned above comes equipped with a dual-camera setup on the back that features monochrome and RGB sensors. There’s still an 8MP selfie snapper on board with an f/2.0 aperture and the 3.5mm headphone jack.
It has a 3D metal and glass body that changes color when light is reflected on the handset. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the Home button, AMK Hi-Fi audio chip for an improved audio experience. Other features worth mentioning are a 3200mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor 9 specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, PDAF, CAF, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.3 × 70.9 × 7.45mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh (typical) / 3100mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
It is made from a combination of metal and glass that comes in four color options: Blue, Amber, Gold, Gray, and Black. The latest smartphone is already up for pre-order in China – sales kick off June 16 – where it retails for 2,299 (4GB/64GB) (US$ 338 / Rs. 21780 approx.), 2,699 (6GB/64GB) (US$ 397 / Rs. 25,580 approx.), and 2,999 yuan (6GB/128GB) top-end model costs (US$ 441 / Rs. 28,415 approx.). Although the prices are expected to be a bit higher once the device makes its way to the US.
Also like to check out:
- Xbox One X Official Specs, Price, Release Date And More Announced
- iOS 11 ARKit Demo Shows iPhone 8 In Augmented Reality [Video]
- 150+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Updated List]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- The 5 Best iOS 11 Camera Features For iPhone Unlocked