Meet the metal unibody phone ‘HTC 10 Evo’ that is refined, larger, cheaper and not quite as nice HTC 10. The company’s latest smartphone n the “HTC 10” series has been announced in Taiwan and UK. Alternatively, it’s also called the HTC Bolt, was specifically introduced for the U.S. carrier Sprint earlier this month. Here is everything you need to know about the new Evo.
HTC has just unveiled what is easily one of the best new Android powered smartphones of 2016. Dubbed HTC 10 Evo, features a larger 5.5-inch Super LCD 3 display with quad HD resolution and a pixel density of 534 ppi. Is powered by a 2.0GHz Snapdragon 810 processor, 3GB RAM abd 32GB or 64GB of internal storage plus supports microSDXC cards.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t carry a 3.5mm audio jack and comes equipped with HTC BoomSound Adaptive Audio, which seamlessly scans your ears and the ambient noise around you to adjust audio output to suit your personal hearing capabilities.
The Taiwan-based company also announced the Bolt will be coming to Europe, including the UK, under a new name: The HTC 10 Evo. Shipping with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, which nevertheless, packs HTC‘s latest 16-megapixel camera with phase detection auto focus and optical image stabilization. Furthermore, it is also the first ever all-metal Android phone to hang with IP57 water- and dust resistant.
There’s still a new USB-C “adaptive earphones” included with the device. One of the clever features allows you to set up a personalized audio profile. On the HTC 10 Evo, the fancy new earphones send out a long ping and create this profile automatically.
HTC 10 Evo Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 3 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable memory via microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense UI
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OIS
PDAF, 4K video recording, 120fps slow-mo video
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Water resistant (IP57)
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB-C audio, BoomSound Adaptive Audio, Hi-Res audio
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 77.3 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 174g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4,1, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200 mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0
The HTC 10 Evo will be available online and in stores this month. Could be priced in between £450 and £500 in the UK. However, the HTC 10 Evo is a well-built device with an impressive specs of its own. Can compete with the likes of OnePlus 3T, arriving into the United Kingdom by the end of November, sporting a 5.5-inch 1080p FHD display, but starts at £399 for one monster of a spec sheet.
Price and Release Date
The HTC 10 Evo to be available for purchase in Gunmetal, Silver and Gold colors and priced at NT$ 17,990 for the 32GB variant and the 64GB variant costs around NT$ 19,900. Pre-orders for the given device is already went live in Taiwan and delivery starts from November 28th.
Also like to check out:
- HTC 10 Announced: Gets 5.2-Inch QHD Display, 4GB RAM, 12MP UltraPixel Camera With Laser AF Sensor And Much More