Rumored that the next Google Nexus (2016) from the Taiwan-based manufacturer could be the new HTC Nexus Sailfish and Marlin (aka Pixel and Pixel XL). Now, a set of new renders of one of the two phones have surfaced in an exclusive leak.
Shared by @Onleaks and Android Authority are those images of HTC Sailfish renders alongside a 360-degree video as well. Taking the leaked renders that showing a final design of the Sailfish and offering a fair look at the upcoming Nexus phone from all angles. With the said, the Sailfish also claimed to have dual stereo speakers on the either side of the USB Type-C port. Antenna lines found on top and bottom of the phone’s rear channel. In fact, it is also coming with a similar functionality of a fingerprint sensor already equipped with its predecessor, which is present below the rear-facing camera system.
While the Power lock/button and Volume rockers are provided on the right side, the SIM card tray fits on its left corner. Previously speculated ones also pointed that the Sailfish will have a curved aluminum body and will be available in a variety of color variants, including Silver aluminum body with white face, black and there is also likely to be seen an electric blue color option as well.
Rumored Features And Specifications
- 5 inch display (1920x 1080p)
- Quad-core 2.0GHz CPU
- 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage
- Android Nougat
- 12MP rear camera
- 8MP front camera
- Rear mounted fingerprint scanner
- Bottom firing speakers
- Dimensions: 143.8 mm x 69.5 mm x 7.3 mm
- Top mounted headphone jack
- Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C port
- 2,770mAh battery
If the previous reports are anything to be believed then Google will dropping the Nexus branding this year and the smartphones. With the removal of Nexus brand from the next-generation phones, the new phones will be called Pixel and Pixel XL for Sailfish and Marlin apparently.
(Source: Android Authority)
You might also like to check out:
- Huawei-Built 7-Inch Google Tablet With 4GB RAM To Be Released As Pixel XL This Year
- New Leak Showing Off HTC Nexus Sailfish And Marlin First Look\
- HTC-made Nexus 2016 Handsets Spotted In FCC Filing, New Images Suggests Two-Tone Design
- Leaked Render Shows HTC ‘Marlin’ Nexus Prototype Running Android Nougat [Image]