HTC has announced One A9s, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in ‘A’ series and the successor to the latest year’s iPhone clone, One A9. Today at IFA 2016 event in Berlin, the Taiwan-based smartphone maker has introduced a new version of the One A9 smartphone. Here is everything you need to know.
With moderate specifications, HTC One A9s comes with a lower end affair. It has a 5-inch 720p LCD screen, MediaTek Helio P10 processor, 2GB/3GB of RAM, and a 2300mAh battery. Making the looks of the A9s more like the Apple’s iPhone 6, there’s no HTC logo above the fingerprint sensor-housing Home button.
The rear-facing 13-megapixel camera with LED flash, which is no longer centered on the A9s device, as it gets 5-megapixel front camera for selfies. On the software front, it runs HTC Sense UI on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. With metal unibody design, the One A9s storage is also expandable up to 2TB via microSD card.
Rest of the HTC One A9s details includes:
- 5.0-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-core (4 x 2.0 GHz + 4 x 1.0 GHz) MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) processor with 700MHz Mali T860MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, supports 2TB microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 aperture, 1.12 μm Pixel 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 146.49 x 71.5 x 7.99 mm; Weight: 149.8g
- Fingerprint sensor
- HTC BoomSound, Two microphones with noise cancellation
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- 2300mAh battery
HTC is yet to set an official release date for the One A9S smartphone that comes in Black, Gold and Silver colors. It will be available in the US and other global markets. No word on price revealed.
You may also like to check out: