HTC has introduced another One-series smartphone in Taiwan. Called One M9s, looks similar to what the One M9 design, but comes with refreshed specs of the hardware.
The HTC One M9s has been launched in Taiwan. Priced at TWD 12,900 and the new flagship smartphone will be shipping on Saturday. The M9s is up for pre-order through the company’s e-commerce website in Taiwan. No official word on when this new One M9s will be available outside its home town.
However, the One M9s design is identical to the M9 and appears to be a Taiwanese variant of One M9e. It sports a 5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixel) IPS display. Like One M9+, the M9s is also powered by a 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6795T Helio X10 64-bit processor, but paired with 2GB of RAM, instead of 3GB memory, and includes a 16GB of internal storage – further expandable via microSD card up to 2TB.
It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI on top. Camera on one side it sports a 13-megapixel with dual LED flash, optical image stabilization (OIS) and the rear cam has a 27.8mm-equivalent lens with an f/2.0 aperture and a sapphire crystal front element. Front-facing shooter is familiar with 4MP UltraPixel affair with f/2.0 26.8mm-equivalent lens.
The One M9s comes in virtually the same all-metal unibody as its predecessor and measures in at 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.6mm and weighs at 158g. The single-SIM smartphone support 4G LTE overa multitude of bands, offering 2G/3G, Bluetooth v4.1, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC and GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS and Beidou. Battery on the One M9s you’ll find a 2840mAh package.
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display
- 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED flash, OIS, 27.8mm lens, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 26.8mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Dual front-facing BoomSound speakers with Dolby audio
- Dimensions: 144.6×69.7×9.61 mm; Weight: 158g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS with GLONASS
- 2840mAh battery
It comes in Gold, Gunmetal Grey and Silver colour options. The HTC One M9s is available to purchase from HTC Stores, online and few other retail stores from November 20.