Lenovo is all set to launch the Z2 Plus smartphone in India on September 22nd to take over the sales of its competitors Xiaomi Mi 5 and OnePlus 3 among others. Lenovo has already sent out invites for the scheduled event of the phone in the country, where it is expected to introduce the Z2 Plus smartphone, as the caption speaks “Witness tomorrow…today. #Fastforward to the Lenovo Z2 Plus.”
This same upcoming phone is believed to be the ZUK Z2 that was officially made available for purchase in China earlier this year, and the reason of dropping the ZUK moniker, Lenovo is actually launching it as Z2 Plus for the Indian market altogether.
Although Lenovo has teased various aspects of the Z2 Plus on social media, which include to show a body made out of materials that is ‘sronger and lighter than metal’. By the way, the Chinese company has also used an internal heat condition technology that prevents the device from overheating. While the Home button is expected to come with U-Touch technology that can be used for navigation and also double up as a fingerprint scanner on-board. There’s still another feature that’s being teased as a health app called -U-health that should save and give you access to your health-related information.
Lenovo Z2 Plus specifications
The Z2 Plus is expected to feature a 5-inch (1920x1080p) full HD LCD display. Under-the-hood, Lenovo’s new phone runs 2.15GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset, paired with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. On the photography front, the Z2 Plus carries a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, electric image stabilization (EIS) and far beyond capable of recording 4K videos. The front selfie camera is fixed with an 8MP f/2.0 aperture sensor supporting 80-degree wide-angle lens.
The Lenovo Z2 Plus packs a 3500mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 capabilities and connectivity options includes a dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE, USB Type-C port, WiFi and Bluetooth. The whole Z2 Plus smartphone runs on ZUI 2.0 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box.
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- Dual (nano) SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 141.65×68.88×8.45mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Based on China pricing and the internals mentioned above, we can expect the upcoming Lenovo Z2 Plus will be priced at Rs. 20,000 (close mark).
You might also like to check out:
- ZUK Z2 Pro Official Now In China, Brings Worthy Specs, Price And Features
- Lenovo A6600, A6600 Plus And A7700 With Android 6.0, 4G VoLTE Support Launched: Specs, Price, Release Date
- Lenovo K6, K6 Power & K6 Note Smartphones With Metal Unibody Design Announced
- Lenovo A Plus And Lenovo Vibe P2 With 5.5-Inch FHD Display, 5100mAh Battery Announced