At Mobile World Gongress, LG officially announced its flaghsip G5 smartphone with a modular design integrated with several interesing add-ons, and also given the release date time frame for its hardware. Today, LG made an announcement of G5 India launch, which will happen after its global iteration in April, means it could hit the shelves of the market in the Q2 of 2016.
With always-on display, LG G5 packs a 5.3-inch QHD (2560x1440px) screen resolution that lets you check out the real-time, battery status, and notification without waking the phone. Under the hood it carries a powerful Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processor, while running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow software based on with LG UX. While the G5’s camera of 16-Megapixel with LED flash on its back brings OIS 2.0, Laser AutoFocus, manual mode sensors and a front-facing shooter of 8-megapixel get 153-degree wide angle lens and more.
Alongside the unveil of G5, LG also introduced a new hardware expansion modules called LG CAM Pro and Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Play audio support. For the rest:
LG G5 Specifications:
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD always-on display, 3D Arc Glass
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera, laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP secondary rear camera with 135-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7~8.6mm; Weight: 159g
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2800mAh (removable) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Available to buy in Silver, Titan, Gold and Pink colors. But you have to wait unti quarter 2 of this year to put your hands-on the device in India.
Amit Gujral, Marketing Head – Mobiles, LG India – commenting on LG G5 launch next quarter, said:
“We are really happy to see all the positivity around the LG G5 ever since its global unveil at the MWC. In fact, in a survey conducted in Korea the LG G5 topped consumer preference leaving its closest competitors trailing far behind. We hope to make this available to users in India very soon and are optimistic that consumers will love its revolutionary design and features.”
You may also like this: