Microsoft Lumia 550 is another version of Windows 10 Mobile flagship and announced it as a more budget oriented smartphone, alongside the introduction of two new Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. Three devices are the first handsets from Microsoft to run Windows 10 Mobile.
The specifications of the Microsoft Lumia 550 may not be as impressive as the flagship devices unveiled today, but the cost of the hardware will likely ass more numbers to the 110 million devices that are already running Windows 10. It’s admited to be popular option in developing countries and across the United States and Europe with those cost conscious consumers.
The Microsoft Lumia 550 is hoping to bring the Windows 10 Mobile experience to emerging markets in a more affordable way and those who really don’t have the financial resources to spend big. With 5-inch scree,, the Lumia 550 intends to replace the current Lumia 640 and 640 XL as the company’s budget option.
Internally, the Microsoft Lumia 550 hardware will ship with a quad-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 210 CPU clocked at 1.1GHz. There’s a 5 MP primary camera for those looking to snap some stunning images with LED flash, and only 2MP sensor found on its front.
Internal storage options on the Microsoft Lumia 550 will start at the lower-end at 8GB. There is a Dual SIM Lumia 550 variant that comes with support for 4G LTE connectivity on both. And the Lumia 550 also have a battery backup of 2100mAh removable unit.
Specs in Brief:
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- 1.1 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Windows 10
- Dual Nano SIM (Only in Lumia 550 Dual SIM)
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash, f/2.4 aperture, 720p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 aperture, 480p video recording
- Dimensions: 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9 mm and 141.9 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS / aGPS
- 2100mAh removable battery
The Microsoft Lumia 550 / Dual SIM costs $138 and becoming available a month later in December in the European markets. All the three phones are available for pre-order today.