Not one but Xiaomi has introduced two new MIUI 7 based smartphones at an event in China. Redmi Note 2 and the Redmi Note 2 Prime, which are the successors to the Redmi Note 3G and 4G handsets already made a hype in the market. These phones comes with refreshed features and brings with it several improvements across the board over its predecessor, including a new design, display, processor, camera, and a new version of Custom MIUI ROM. Details can be checked right after this jump.
The first one we speak about is the Redmi Note 2 runs on MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) chipset, with eight Cortex-A53 CPU cores clocked at 2GHz, which was used on HTC One M9+. The new Redmi Note 2 flagship also comes with 2GB OF LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB of internal storage, whereas the Redmi Note 2 Prime variant adds 32GB of ROM, and is powered by a 2.2GHz Octa-Core Processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU and both phones have expandable microSD card support up to 32GB.
Display size on both the Redmi Note 2 and Prime features a 5.5-inch Full HD ( (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with 178-degree wide viewing angle. Camera department on the handsets goes with a 13-Megapixel rear shooter with LED flash, phase detection autofocus (PDAF), Samsung / OmniVision Sensor, 5p lens, f/2.2 aperture, 78-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording – resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 seconds. Also houses a 5MP Selfie front-facing cam sensor with OmniVision sensor, 1.4-micron pixel, 720p video recording.
The two new Redmi Note 2/Prime runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and has a Magnesium alloy frame and is 8.25mm thick. The dual SIM on the phones support 4G connectivity [TDD-LTE (B38 / B39 / B40 / B41) and FDD-LTE (B1 / B3 / B7)]. Both has infrared sensor onboard and packs the same 3060mAh units offering Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n ( 2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS.
Recap – Key Features
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with 178-degree wide viewing angle
- 2GHz / 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, Samsung / OmniVision Sensor, 5p lens, f/2.2 aperture, 78-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, OmniVision sensor, 1.4-micron pixel, 720p video recording
- Dimensions: 152mm x 76mm x 8.25mm; Weight: 160g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n ( 2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 3060mAh battery
In China, the Redmi Note 2 will be available in three variants. One 16GB model will be on sale with “TDD-LTE + TD-SCDMA and TDD-LTE + FDD-LTE” variants. Priced at RMB 799 (USD 125) and RMB 899 (US$ 140), respectively.
The Redmi Note 2 Prime 32GB variant will support TDD-LTE + FDD-LTE and is priced at RMB 999 (US$ 156). Available to buy in Dark Grey, White, Blue, Bright Yellow and Pink colors. Goes on sale in China starting August 16th.